Blood

• Dedicated to Andy Whitfield

- "Spartacus I would like to exchange words" - Agron looked tense, and clutched the hilt of his sword.

Spartacus looked at the sunset. The air still smelled unpleasantly of blood, and the ground was dyed red.

- "How many were they?" - Spartacus asked without looking away from the wall.

- "Spartacus ..."

- "How many Agron!"

- "Close to 500."

Spartacus sighed, the loss was greater than he expected, this could jeopardize their plans.

- "Summon Crixus quickly, and make sure that no one gets into fights" - Spartacus passed  by Agron  but  he grabbed his arm.

- "Spartacus, Crixus and the fucking Gauls will not be able to help, we need more men, men who know how to fight and to think before putting everyone at risk. This happened because they do not follow your orders, and never will. "

- "And if you do not follow my orders you will put your life at risk, call him" - Spartacus  looked at Agron with his icy blue eyes, and for a moment it seemed that a fight would have place . But to his surprise, Agron dropped his arm gently.

- "It would be good for all of us if you at least tryed to act like brothers."

Agron and Crixus never considered each other as brothers although both of them had the brand of the House of Batiatus.

They always had their differences, and this only made the goal of spartacus even more difficult to achieve. If they wanted to defeat the Romans they should all be as one. This was no longer the arena. They were no longer gladiators, they were no longer who they used to be.

They all used to be gladiators of the House of Batiatus, which was a common ludus, until the arrival of Spartacus, that became a legend of the arena, freed all the slaves of Batiatus and killed all the Romans that were in the village .

With the news of the rebellion, many slaves escaped and joined the cause of spartacus.

The Senate received this as a threat and now hunting Spartacus and the rebellion was their beloved game. They wanted to kill them at all costs.

Whenever the rebels and the Romans were confronted on the battlefield Spartacus caused enough damage to the Roman army, but this time, Marcus Crassus had gotten the upper hand and managed to kill quite a few slaves.

Once Spartacus entered his tent, he was faced with Crixus, Gannicus and Agron, they all had a look of concern on their faces.

- "We have lost too many, I knew they were not ready for such battle, they never will be, they are not gladiators" - Crixus hissed giving a punch in the wooden table.

- "Maybe if you had followed my orders Crixus that would not have happened, I ordered that we would always be together, however unwisely you and the rest of the Gauls, decided to separate from the group."

- "I always said you could never trust the fucking Gauls" - replied Agron with poison.

- "At least I do not follow orders like a lost puppy you fucker" - Crixus yelled and looked at Agron the way he looked at the Romans: with contempt and hatred.

- "Enough! Crixus, always have a group in the walls, Gannicus train the beginners, and Agron control the gate, one enters and no one leaves without my orders, understand? "

Crixus spitted and left followed by Agron that hissed some nasty things about the Gauls.

- "I think the Romans are not your main concern, your men will kill each other" - Gannicus let out a laugh.

- "We share the same thoughts."-Spartacus said looking at the ground.

Gannicus was preparing to leave, but then hesitated.

- "What shall we do if we sight the Romans?"

Spartacus looked at Gannicus for a brief moment before looking at the roman blood that still stained the floor.

- "Kill them all."