Prologue

EDITED: Tuesday 04/07/20

Kyoko Mogami stood patiently waiting for her flight announcement, she couldn't believe that she was actually leaving everything she's ever known: her friends, Taisho and Okamisan, LME, and Tsuruga-san. The president himself authorized her (guaranteed) temporary departure, but he didn't  know exactly how long "temporary" was.

He only agreed because he made her swear on her Japanese blood she would return, and boy was she sincere--she saluted--and even swore she would return or her hatred for Sho Fuwa wasn't true. That satisfied him, "So, just to be sure: you really want to do this?"

"President, all do respect: have I ever appeared this serious before?"

The smile he gave showed her he understood, "No, no you haven't, but what about Kotonami-san? Ren? Your landlords? Maria?"

Her smile was clouded and sad, "I'll miss them all, in fact, I left a vague letter for Moko-san. I know it really won't explain my sudden disappearance, but I hope that's where you'll come in."

"What do you expect me to tell them?"

"All I need you to say is 'Kyoko-chan doesn't wish to hurt any of you, but she has some things she needs to get away from at the time, but I swear to you that she will be back'."

Again, the president smiled at her in understanding. Kuon and this girl are so much alike it's scary, "I can do that, Kyoko-chan. Now, I wish you the best in your future endeavors."

That was two weeks before, now Kyoko was leaving for God-knows-how-long and she couldn't help but feel the need to run into Ren's arms once again and cry. She couldn't, that would surely end in heart break, besides Tsuruga-san's life would most definitely become easier without her in it. Which was why she couldn't bring herself to say good-bye to him. She at least left a few words for Moko-san and the Darumaya owners. She made Maria a Kyoko doll to hug when her Onee-san wasn't around to do so.

Yes, they will be fine without me, she thought as she boarded the plane.