chapter 25

Syd's POV

When I wake up it's freezing. Carter has her arm swung over my shoulders and my head is pressed to her chest. I hold back a laugh. We sleep like a couple more than Luke and I ever did. I pull the covers over my body, shivering.

Someone yawns from behind me and I groan softly, bracing myself for an overly cheerful hello. "Good morning!" Chasyn shouts. I groan louder.

"It's not a good morning, it's cold as fuck." Carter laughs, tightening her grip on my shoulders. She was awake. I laugh a bit before slipping from her grip and sitting up in my bed. I pull my cardigan closer to my body.

"Well some genius left the window open last night." Leah sasses as she stands and walks to the window, slamming it shut.

"How are we not frozen solid?" I laugh, standing and walking to the closet, grabbing my black and gray sweatshirt. I walk to the drawer and grab the first pair of jeans I find, sliding out of my plaid jammie bottoms and into the jeans.

I pull on the bra I tossed on the floor last night before I passed out, hooking it under my shirt before pulling the sweatshirt on. Smiling, I grab my socks and shoes, putting them on quickly before jogging down to the bathrooms to wash my face.

When I come back, my nose is slightly red, but no where near as red as Carter's cheeks when I catch he taking a picture of her boobs. She's not topless, she just has the camera pointed down her shirt.

"Shit." She throws the phone down and grabs her hairbrush. "Don't judge me."

"I'll judge you all I want, dude." I laugh, grabbing my makeup bag and sitting on the floor in front of the mirror.

I go through the whole makeup process (I'm saving you from the boring details), then stand to ask Chasyn if this is church appropriate. Her eyes glint and I giggle.

"Yeah, it's actually pretty awesome, too. Grunge as fuck." Chasyn's pointer finger pokes into my side as she laughs and I shake my head. Grunge. What a fun word to say. Grunge.

I run my hands through my slightly knotted hair, not bothering to brush it so my hair wont poof out past my shoulders. I pull a beanie over my waved hair and smile at the outcome. I slide my glasses on with ease before looking to the three girls.

Chasyn has her turtle neck pulled up over her chin as she takes a picture, probably for Snapchat, and laughs. She's got blue jeans on and her socks are visible under her black combat boots. Her turtleneck is actually pretty cute; not too tight around the neck but not too slouchy either.

Leah has a long, black and white striped long-sleeved shirt on over her ripped skinny jeans. She's got her white converse high-tops on and smiles when her phone dings. Her cheeks heat as she sets her phone down to put her hair in a low bun.

Carter has a white sweatshirt that says, "Nice to meet you," on it and smiles as she tugs her socks on. When she reaches for her white shoes, her sweatshirt moves up slightly to reveal her black high-waisted jeans. She tousles her shoulder length hair and grabs her phone, standing.

"You guys ready?" Chasyn smiles. I nod, grabbing my phone and earbuds before plopping them into my bag.

"Let's go!" I shout with a smile, grabbing my lanyard with my keys on them.

***

"Hey Syd, smile." Chasyn says, causing me to turn my head towards her as we walk out of the church. I turn and furrow my brow then smile brightly as he flash goes off. "You always take the perfect pictures, oh my goodness." She shakes her head as she shows me the photo. I cringe.