Prologue

Hello readers, if you find any mistakes please forgive me. I do not own any of the Hakuouki characters except for my oc's, this just a fan fiction to read for the sake of fun. Enjoy.

Modern Tokyo

Rain pelted torrentially in mid afternoon, dark clouds looming ominously; the squeaky noise of the wiper as it moved back and forth on the windscreen of a taxi. Ayumi Hamasaki sang in the radio when a sudden flash of lightning illuminated inside the taxi's interior causing Saotome Miyuki to jump on her seat.

Outside, the heavy rain changed it's course of direction when a sudden gust of wind blew. Miyuki could only look from inside and sighed; quickly sending a quick text to her elder sister that she was reaching the apartment soon since Miyuki never carried an umbrella, she hoped that her sister would be there to pick her up.

At the distance, Miyuki could make out the outline of the apartment where Yukimi Kamegawa lived with her husband and a five year old son. Miyuki grinned as she pulled out her purse from a handbag and counted the yen for the cab fare, beside her laid two plastic bags containing a bottle of sake and a bag of potato chips for her brother-in-law and nephew.

The taxi finally rocked to a stop in front of the building when another blinding flash of lightning speared down from the heavens followed by the crackling of a thunder. Miyuki almost dropped the notes while handing them over to the cab driver but her sister has yet to show up.

No other choice, Miyuki stepped out on the pedestrian path completely drenched to her skin the moment she set foot on the wet ground. She kindly refused the aid from the cab driver as he gazed at her worriedly, Miyuki quickly shut the door and the taxi drove off. Before she could take one step forward Miyuki came face to face with an equally drenched woman, her countenance was contorted in anger.

"YOU STUPID BITCH! DON'T YOU DARE COME NEAR MY HUSBAND!" the woman shrieked maniacally.

Miyuki was caught off guard and felt her jaw literally falling on the ground, droplets of rain gathered in her open mouth. Who was this strange woman? why was she accusing her of adultery?

The woman never paused with her insults as she hurled vulgarities and stabbed a rigid finger toward Miyuki's face. Just then, Miyuki spotted her sister standing beneath the apartment's shelter while opening the umbrella. A sigh of relief escaped from Miyuki.

"Gomene, but I don't even know you or your husband."

Miyuki moved aside to walk away from the crazed woman but she too reciprocated her move by blocking the path.

"YOU'RE THAT YOUNG TEACHER WHOSE CLAWS ARE DUG INTO MY HUSBAND'S BACK!"

Miyuki was stunned speechless, how had the woman knew of her profession?

"Sorry!" her sister shouted an apology as she hurried over.

In the seconds when the lightning flashed, Miyuki was violently pushed backward towards an oncoming speeding vehicle, she had no time to shriek when the sickening thud of a body connecting with the car's bumper and flinging through mid air; the sound of bones crushing reached her ringing ears.

"MIYUKI...!"  Yukimi screamed in pure unadulterated horror as she witnessed her little sister involved in an accident. Her petite body flew across the air like a rag doll as the car swerved at the last minute on the wet tarmac.

Squealing tyres disturbed the neighbourhood, the smell of acrid burned rubbers combined with the scent of rain and finally, a loud crashed startling a couple of passerby as they too witnessed the horrific event.

****

Ba dump. Ba dump.

She is loosing amount of blood, quickly!

Ba dump. Ba dump.

Miyuki!!!

Ba dump. Ba dump.

Be careful! get her on the stretcher, we need to...

Ba dump...

Don't let that woman get away!

Ba... dump...

I hope you like the prologue of this story and thank you kindly for taking the time reading; my sincerest apology if you find any mistakes.