Chapter 5

Welcome back my readers, how are you? I hope that you are enjoying while reading my story. Remember, this is written for the sake of fun and entertainment, a way to cope with the harsh reality. I do not own any of the Hakuouki characters except my ocs.

Secondly, I would like to thank NgJesslyn and Imnothereshh for voting and also commenting, it means so much to me.  Readers, please visit their account, they write good stories. Last but not least I dedicate this chapter to imnothereshh  because she was too sweet to dedicate one for me.

After her morning exercise Miyuki had rested in her room before heading off into the kitchen for cooking lunch. The men were off to their daily routines, it took several minutes for her to figure on how to maneuver around the stove. Since they were running low on supply, Miyuki made fish soup with onigiri and steamed vegetables. Cooking was her specialty, it comforted Miyuki as she puttered about concocting desserts or fancy meals. If teaching never panned out for her, she would joined the culinary industry.

Once the food was cooling in the kitchen, Miyuki brought out the tray and places tea cup and a pot of brewing Jasmine tea; ambling towards the study room. She heard masculine voices and chuckles floating from the room and Miyuki appeared before them. When they saw her holding a tray, Isami san waved her in, Miyuki made a quick work of pouring tea in each of the cup before placing them on the mat.

"Mmm.." Hijikata took a sip and a smile lit his usually grumpy expression.

"Finally, a good tea. This reminds me of home and my wife," Kondou wondered about his wife and felt a dull ache, missing her of a sudden.

"Thank you Toshizo san and Isami san."

"You don't have to be so formal, just call me by Hijikata san."

Inoue drank the tea and felt perked up, hoping to go another round.

"Hijikata is right, Kondou san will do for me as well," Kondou smiled as he grabbed for the pot but it wasn't there. He was a little confused but then his eyes shifted toward Inoue san and saw the man pouring tea into his cup.

After resting a while and drinking her tea, Miyuki begged their pardon to leave as she needed to wash and dry her undergarments. Just as she rounded the corner, Miyuki bumped into someone and strong hands gripped onto her arms to keep her from falling.

"S-sorry," Miyuki rubbed her forehead.

"Who are you?"

Miyuki glances up and saw a boy around Heisuke's age, unlike the latter this one sported a fierce expression and it was trained on her. Everyone seemed to be suffering from bipolar here, Miyuki guessed.

"Saotome Miyuki, a pleasure to meet you." She bowed to him.

"Susumu Yamazaki. do you know where Hijikata san and Kondou san are?"

Miyuki pointed at the direction and he left in a flurry, shrugging her shoulders she went to fetch her clothes and sat near the well. Singing off tune, for a moment Miyuki pretended to be a wife from the Edo period. She giggled at the idea and her mind drifted off at who would be a compatible husband.

Hijikata san was too serious for her, never cracking a smile and would probably check on her every single time hoping she wouldn't make mistake. Miyuki twisted her lips as she scrubbed her blouse until she felt satisfied. Heisuke was too adorable and a little on the childish side not that Miyuki was blind not noticing the katana resting on his lean hips. Saito san was too quiet, she tried imagining having a lovey dovey conversation with him but the image was too far fetched.