Chapter 1

Luke's p.o.v

I giggle as I stare at Calum's smug grin. "Why you giggling, Hemmings?" He asks. "Because this is so stupid." I say, my voice losing its humorous tone. "You said these exact words: 'I don't care what the dare is, I'll do it!'" I roll my eyes. I was starting to sober up, as I only drank a few beers. "You scared?" Gia asks, a slight pout forming on her lips.

I suddenly realize, my reputation is on the line. I'll be labeled as a chicken if I don't do this. And, even though this is a simple dare, it'll get around the entire school, and I'll be ruined. I swallow my pride, and mutter the words... "I'll do it."

_________________________________________________________________________________

The closer we get to the hospital the more nervous I get. I can't believe I agreed to do this. Staying in an abandoned hospital over night obviously isn't a good idea. Maybe drinking more beer was though. Maybe I'll get so drunk that I won't remember anything like this happened.

Maybe.

I only know a few things about this old hospital. Like how it closed down 6 years after they opened it. It was opened in 1953 and closed in 1959. I'm not sure why though. I'd rather not find out.

Then there were the rumors. No one ever came out of this hospital and if they did it was like they were another person. They wouldn't say anything about what happened to them in there. That is, if anything happened to them. Of course the last time a person went in here was 15 years ago.

We arrived at the hospital. The place I would be staying in from midnight to 6 a.m. That was 6 hours. I look at the hospital for a minute and Calum speaks up. "What are you waiting for, Hemmings? Scared?" He chuckles and I glare at him,"You wish, Hood."

I open the hospital door and the first thing I see is a lobby. I think that's what it is. There's an old desk in the middle of the room that I can barely see. The only light we have is the moon.

"Did you bring a flashlight?" I heard Calum searching for one. Once he finds it he gives it to me. "See you in six hours. Have fun in there," Calum says sarcastically. I roll my eyes, "Thanks."

I take a few steps into the dusty room, and hear the door slam behind me. I'm quickly surrounded by darkness. I quickly turn on the flashlight, moving it around to see the room. Yea it was definitely a lobby. The front desk has layers of dust on the top. There are chairs nailed to the floor ,lined up around the walls, also collecting dust.

Two old lights hang on the ceiling, and an old picture hangs up on the wall. It was just a painted picture of a field, surrounded by trees. Maybe that was what the land looked like before this hospital was built over it.

There are two doors on opposite sides of the wall. I decide to go on the room on the right. I twist the knob and push the door open, causing the old wooden door to creak. It's a file room. Looking at the files would most likely scare me more, so I decide to close the door and go to the other. This one leads to a hallway.

The hallway leads to the left side of the building. I shine my light down the hallway. There are doors in the right side and across from them are windows with bars in them. They were probably so that patients here couldn't escape. I walk down the hallway and notice the old wallpaper. Some of it is chipped, but where it isn't I can see names scratched into the wall. I read some of the names.

Franzii. Sasa. Michael. James. Mack. Ashton. Lana.

They were most likely patients here. I shine my light at the doors. Maybe this is where they stayed. The first door was already cracked open. I push it open a peek in the room. An old metal bed is in the corner of the room. There is no mattress. Scratches are on the floor and walls. The rest of the rooms as the same. I try to open the last door, but I think it's locked. Why is this door locked but all the others aren't?

And then, I heard footsteps.