Chapter 31

They group started talking amongst themselves arguing over the best torture that would suit the creature's crimes. Arakim moved a little bit away to gather his thoughts and control the churning vortex inside him, urging him to destroy the creature so it could feed on his pain and terror.

"Are you alright?' asked Edum quietly, not wanting to startle him but succeeded in pulling him away from the battle that was raging inside him.

Arakim exhaled deeply and nodded. "Good, because we need to take care of these soldiers,'' said Edum.

Before Arakim could do or say anything, he heard his name shouted from the direction of the castle and turned to look. He found that the drawbridge was down and about a half unit of soldiers were heading towards them. Some were riding while the ones behind were on foot, most of them carrying torches, making him realise that the sun had gone down. One of the riders separated from the group, shouting his name.

Arakim waved at his cousin who rode even faster, laughing and crying all the while till she dropped the reins and placed her hands on the back of the white mare who never faltered but maintained its speed. The foolish girl jumped lithely on the back of the horse crouching a moment before standing sideways on her horse. Arakim's heart dropped to his feet while holding his breath and vowed to tan her backside if she didn't break her fool's neck. And turned to glare at Ashago when that dolt said.

"I taught her that,'' he told them proudly.

"I will break your neck if she falls from that horse,'' snapped Arakim, holding his breath and prepared to catch her with magic if she fell only for her to bend her knees and push off to do a backflip before landing gracefully on her toes, her long red dress falling gracefully around her and started running to him.

"I am still going to snap your neck,' he told a laughing Ashago before flicking his fingers at him and watched in satisfaction when he flew several paces in the air before landing on his rump, grunting. Arakim turned away from him and braced himself to catch his cousin who as always jumped the last few steps into his arms.

"Oh, Arakim,' cried Neha. "It was horrible. I waited and waited for you but you didn't come. Then the soldiers came. And mother got worried too. You don't know how happy I'm to see you.' Crying and laughing while holding tightly to his neck and her legs around his waist. "When the lights started flashing today, I told Alam that something was different but he didn't believe me instead ordered the guards to hold me when I wanted to show him and then suddenly we could see clearly again and there you were.' Pausing briefly to pull slightly back before punching him lightly on the shoulders. "Never do that to me again!' she bellowed in his face before clutching his neck again. "I missed you, cousin.'

"Wow', said Gnar, 'that's like watching and listening to Adani.''

"It's not,' protested Adani.

"Aye, it is,' said Gnar.

"Enough,'' barked Talor before Adani could answer, before turning to watch the slender beautiful girl in Arakim's arms, his grey eyes softening in tenderness, not bothering to fight or resist his sudden protective instincts for the girl.

After comforting his cousin, reassuring her that he wouldn't be leaving her behind again, Arakim put her back on her feet and gently wiped her face, and hooked her brown long straight hair back from her pretty face behind her ears and placed a kiss on her forehead. He turned her round to face everybody and quickly introduced her to everyone.

Neha curtsied at them and smiled, welcoming them to her home before running to give Ashago a hug and started talking about her stunts and ways to improve on it. Arakim shook his head and gave his cousin, Alam a hug, patting him on the back. "Good job with the villagers.'' He praised to his cousin's delight. And turned to face the soldiers.