Chapter 17:

{30 minutes later}

"Hello?" I call once again.

Even though I know that no one is coming, I still hold onto that piece of hope. Wherever the Avengers are, I know they are trying to help me.

Then it occurs to me. Thor can fly. They should know that. There's a way to help me now, rather than later.

I hop off the couch and go to the balcony door. Slowly opening it, I gaze up and watch the snow fall above the world. No matter how cold it is, it's white Angels are gorgeous.

The crisp air chills my spine, causing me to realize what I have to do. I walk over to the edge of the balcony, looking down upon New York. Still as magnificent as I remember it.

Taking a long, deep breath, I stand up on the edge. This will work. I know it will. I close my eyes, knowing that I will be okay.

I face my back to the world. I want to watch the world above as I fall to my death. Or my hero. For a moment, I let my fear sink in. I let in only for a few seconds.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

My heart beats like a drum against my chest. Although, now, I have no fears. I let it in, and now it's gone.

Here goes nothing.

I close my eyes, and spread out my arms.

"Stephanie! Don't!" I hear my dad's voice yell.

Before I could do anything, I open my eyes, and watch my dad run to my side.

He put one arm behind my back, and one behind the crease of my leg. He carried me back over to the elevator, where he sat me down inside.

"What the hell are you doing?" Dad asked.

"I was just-" I began, "I'm sorry.

"Stephanie, what were you doing? You could be dead." Dad said.

"I thought.. I thought that Thor, since he could fly, would be at the bottom to catch me." I admit.

He sighed, "what? Are you crazy? The fall itself would kill you!"

My glare went from him to the floor. I don't know what to say. I feel so bad. I can't even believe myself. Why did I think, for a moment, that actually falling off the edge would solve the problem?

"I am so sorry. I didn't know what I was thinking." I apologize.

Dad kneeled down and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm glad you're okay. I don't know what I'd do without you." Dad said.

I hugged him back tightly as I felt the elevator come to a stop.

~~next day~~

"We're almost there. Just hang tight, kiddo. I miss you. See you soon." Clint said over the phone.

Today was the day I see my Uncle Clint again. I haven't seen him in so long. I can remember the words he last said to me.

"Just a vacation." I laugh quietly to myself.

~~ an hour later~~

Clint should be here any minute with Loki's children. I timidly tap my finger on the kitchen counter, observing the clock as it ticks slowly. Should I be nervous? Because I am inevitably nervous.

"They're here!" Natasha yelled throughout the building.

Everyone exited outside, as did I. A black car pulled into the lot, tinted windows made a sure no one could look in. Although, I tried so hard to stare through them.

This is the moment of truth. As attempting as it is to run over and hug my uncle, I was too scared. What if Loki's kids don't like me? What if they hate me?

So many questions ran through my head, but the one stood out the most.

Are they anything like Loki?

I watch from a distance as three figures depart the car. Clint, an obvious, coming from the drivers side. And two others exiting from the back. From here, it looks as if, it's a boy and a girl.

Everyone fell out and jogged to the car, greeting them all. Throwing their arms over Clint and shaking hands with the two. I still stood, deciding whether or not I should go over to them.

Then, my decision was final. Time to meet new people.

Slowly, I walked to the car.

Once I got to the car, I found Clint, a girl, and a boy. Throwing my arms around Uncle Clint, the other two watched me.

Behind me, stood a boy, with dark raven hair, and the most beautiful, light blue eyes. A girl who stood at his side with golden brown hair, and bright, emerald eyes. 

"Hi! I'm Anna." The girl beamed brightly," and this is my brother Demarcus. You can call him Marc, though."

"Hi." I quietly replied.

I shook hands with them both. I hope they like me. Or we could at least be friends. This might be a good thing for me. To actually have friends.

I took note of how much they look like Loki. Demarcus has the same raven hair as Loki, but not the eyes. Anna has the same green eyes as Loki, but the hair isn't anything like his.

I wonder where Loki is anyway. If he's not with his children, where is he at? Or his wife?

The rest of the Avengers walked inside, along with Marc and Anna. They wanted to give them a tour of the tower because they'll be staying with us for a while. Clint stayed back with me.

"So, how've you been, Kid?" Clint asked, getting the rest of the baggage out of the car.

"I've been okay. You?" I ask back.

"Pretty good, actually." Clint said, " Vacation was a lot of fun."

"Cut the crap, Clint." I say bluntly, "I know you went to a cottage out of the city. You had to watch Loki's kids."

"What?" He asks.

"I heard you and Loki talking the morning before you left. You don't have to lie." I tell him.

"Listen, Steph. I'm sorry. I had to help a buddy out." He apologized.

"A buddy? A buddy? Really? Do you not remember what happened?" I ask.

"He's changed, I swear. He has a wife and kids." Clint defends.

I sigh, and lean against the car. Clint sighs along with me, and hugs me tightly.

"I'm sorry, Steph. I missed you a lot though, and we have a lot to catch up on. Love you girl." Clint releases me and smiles down to me.