Chapter 1 : Who in the name of fudge sticks says squabble

CHAPTER 1 : WHO IN THE NAME OF FUDGE STICKS SAYS SQUABBLE.

You know, it's so funny how your life could change in a matter of minutes. One second your a normal teenager eating lunch with your best friend next minute in debt to the schools pervert. 

Hi, I'm Marley Brown. I m a junior in Everest High along with my twin brother, Trent and my best friend,  also male, Jake. We were in our own group. Just the three of us.

We weren't exactly populars but we weren't exactly loners either. We weren't quite social, we were talking-to-the-person-beside-you-so-you-wont-feel-uncomfortable type of social.

:::::^__^:::::^__^:::::

"Today officially sucks" I announce as Jake and Trent sit down at the lunch table.

"Oh dearest sister, please ever do tell about your suckish day" Trent muses which earns him a kick to the shin.

"Ow!" he cries and winces at the pain which makes me smile triumphantly.

"Ok now that y'all are done with your little twin squabble" Jake between Trent and I "care to explain why your day is suckish?"

I chuckle inwardly and it makes my shoulders shake. I guess Jake notices cause he asks me why I was laughing and I just look at Jake and he automatically understands what I mean.

Trent and I have this weird telepathy thing between us and we use it to annoy Jake all the time.

"Oh no, your doing that weird telepathy thing again" he says in a whiny/frustrated tone.

And just to add the icing on the cake me say at the same time "Who in the name of fudge sticks says squabble in this  century" and when its said out loud, we both go into hysterics.

"Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with such idiots" Jake shakes his head and continues with his fries.

"Because you love us" I say whilst poking his face to frustrate him.

"And don't you forget that" Trent chips in.

The bell rings indicating the end of lunch and Jake and I head over to chemistry class. We have chemistry together

Not in that way.

As Jake and I enter the class, my eyes automatically scan to our usual seats and I find that their occupied, By guess who. No c'mon, take a guess. Drum roll please........

Nathan Davis.

I guess I didn't notice that I was still hovering around the table and it caught his attention.

Oh crap!

"Uh...sorry, what did you say" Nathan looks up at me and my eyes widen.

Did I just say that out loud. I couldn't reply because Jake was already pulling me away and apologizing on my behalf.

"And this is why you love me. I save you from total embarrassment and you thank me" Jake whispers to me as we take a different seat. I kiss him on the cheek and whisper him a thank you.

That's basically how our friendship works. He and I both know that embarrassment and I are not far from each other hence what just happened.

The classes after lunch went by fast Jake texted me that I shouldn't wait for him cause he got a detention.

Typical Jake.

 The car ride home with Trent was silent and uncomfortable and I knew something was up. I mean, he didn't even slap my hand away when I changed the station on the radio.