CHAPTER 5: YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT THAT YOU KNOW?

CHAPTER 5: You're Right About That You Know?

*********************
RECAP:

"Penny for a thought?" Nathan says out of nowhere, taking me by surprise.

I sigh "I'm just thinking about what happened between us, why now, after all this time"

When I'm done, he groans/sighs and pulls over.

Things will be said and can't be taken back now...

***†******‡***************

He stares off into the distance as he tries to gather his words, leaving me patiently awaiting his answers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind still being friends but sometimes friends hurt you and it's hard to forgive and forget, especially the really close ones.

My train of thoughts gets interrupted by a long wistful sigh.

"Honestly, I don't know why. I guess I just wanted to give us another shot. I was a jerk to you but I miss being close to you, you've always been on my mind. I might hide it with a front but it's true. Our promise ring constantly remind me of my greatest regret." He turns to me and chuckles "Yes I still have that. After all these years, I thought that if I keep running away from the memories, I might be better off but I was so wrong. Our story is not the usual one you read in books, it's more complicated and special than that. I know I'm probably rambling but all I want is your forgiveness. I'm not going to have a pity party about it, as much as you may deny it, I know you well enough to know that I'll have to work for it. So will you give it a chance?"

My heart just about stops but I'm quick to mask my emotions, you become used to it after years of practice. I dust myself up and head towards the car. "You're right about that you know?" I turn to look at him "You are a jerk" and settle myself in the passengers seat.

*********

A sigh of relief escapes from my lips as I see my house draw nearer and nearer. I attempt getting out of the car but I'm stopped by his kind actions. He opens the door for me.

"I'm serious about what I said earlier, just tell me how I can make it up to you" he says before clearing my path.

I walk silently to the door but before I go in, I tell him the most cliché thing I've ever heard.

"My trust and forgiveness can't be bought, it has to be earned" I smile and giggle slightly but only loud enough for me to hear.

What?!? I might as well have a little fun with this.

Later that week, Nathan tried his best to prove himself to me and I tried mine to prove how hardheaded I could be.
He walked me to my locker, paid for my lunch chased tirelessly.
Don't get me wrong, I'm flattered by his actions but behind the front I put up is a girl who has been hurt deeply by a guy she thought she loved, by a guy she thought she could get close to, tell him her life's secrets.

He's going to do a whole lot to impress me, to win me back and to regain my trust.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Guess who's back!!!!!!!!!
The wait has been long
Ideas flowing and I have more time now.
Hopefully I get to continue this book and not dump it

It's short, but it's something.

Chapter Goals :
Votes : 10 - 15
Reads : 80 - 110

Book Goals :
Let's get this book to 1000 reads and 100 or more votes

I know we can do this

Thanks for the support
BlackAndWhitePandas
We spoke a while ago but I can't forget how supportive you were and hopefully will be in future

Melanie Martinez reference
Chapter dedication to: BlackAndWhitePandas

Love you all
The Leprechaun 😉