Chapter 2

Jeremys POV

Iris has been acting really weird lately... I'm not talking about her goofy normal self or her odd spunk or one of a kind charm that no one else has. She isn't the Iris I grew up with 8 years ago or the Iris I new to be so daring and courageous. She's changed and she's much different. Ever since our dad vanished from the face of the earth...she's never been more distracted in her life and I don't know why. I want to help her but I'm worried what she'll do... what she'll become and what will happen to her.

Iris's POV

There could be a million things my mom, Ailani Hope Blackwell, wanted to tell us. Things unimaginable or things common and totally ordinary but something told me that the words that would come out of her mouth would be horrifying. And they were. "He's dead" she said. The words that made the world stop. When I focused on her face, I could see the tears starting assemble in her eyes. Tears that I didn't understand... why would she be crying over the death of someone that abandoned his family for who knows what... and without saying goodbye. Shocked and speechless I could feel the tears starting to form in my eyes too. The tears that i still didn't understand. My head was spinning and I couldn't keep my focus. Before I could try to respond to her, my vision suddenly became black with spots and the last thing I remembered was sinking to the ground and hearing the voices of my family surrounding me.

"Iris! Oh my God, please wake up!" My mom cried. Hovering over me was my mom's sweet face. I could see the tears clearly now and the worry in her eyes. "I'm fine... it okay, don't wory." I replied. But then I remembered those two words 'He's dead'. Those stupid words that I never would have thought would have such an effect on me. But it did... stronger then i thought it would.
I looked at Jeremy then at my mom. "Is it true? Is he really gone?" I managed to get those few words out before the tears came rolling down. "Ssshhhh, Ssshhhh... it okay baby, don't cry" Mom's arms wrapped around Jeremy and I. And I could feel her trembling. But the warmth of her body against mine made me feel safe. But I knew it wouldn't be okay... I knew that we weren't safe.

************************************************************

So that's chapter 2... hoped ya'll liked it. Uhhh so I'll try to update every few days.

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Xoxo, Mia