Chapter 3

Iris's POV

The sun coming through my windows is almost blinding. I get up out of my bed and slide my feet into my black, fuzzy slippers. Then I make my way toward the bathroom and of course someone's in the bathroom so I start pounding on the door. "Hurry up! Please!" I beg. Seconds later out comes Peter. "Finally...Thank you!" I say and rush into the bathroom.

The rooms foggy and the air is hot from Peters shower. I go to the mirror and wipe the fog off. There I am... crazy blond hair and red, bubbly eyes. Have I been crying? Yes I have. But why? Why have I been crying about the man, my father, who abandoned our family. The guy that never said goodbye to the people he called his family. That word kept repeating in my head over and over. Why? Why do I cry over him? Why? But the thing is, I would never ever no why... never. After thinking about that for a long time and after finishing my morning routine, I gathered enough courage to step outside the bathroom and face my family.

Downstairs the boys were on the table and mom was making breakfast. "Mmhhhh... smells good!" I said, "What is it?" Then I sat down. "Good morning to you too! Its pancakes, your favorite!" She responded. Sitting there, no one said anything. Not one peep came out of anyone's mouth. "Sooo... how did everyone sleep?" Jeremy said breaking the silence. "Good." said my mom and Peter. The room was quiet except for the sizzling of the pan. "Iris... how was your..uh..night?" He asked again. "Uh...well.. it was ok I guess." I replied and the silence began once again.

Suddenly my mom blurted out, " I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!"

"Do what?" I asked.

"This... act as if nothing has happened... as if he isn't really gone!" Her tears started coming.

"I DON'T GET IT! WHY ARE CRYING OVER HIM. HE LEFT YOU, HE LEFT ME, HE LEFT US!" Now I was trying to hold back tears still not knowing why I was starting to cry too.

"HE'S YOUR FATHER!" She shouted and in every moment her voice got louder.

"He was my father. Remember? He's dead!" I got up from the table and ran to my bedroom... leaving behind my sobbing mother and my brothers gawking at what a had just happend.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Hey lovelies!

So not much happened in this chapter... I'll try to update ASAP. Advice or ways to make the story better is always welcome.

THANK U SO MUCH FOR READING!
KEEP READING*SHARE*VOTE*COMMENT*

Hope u enjoyed this chapter ^_^

Till next time,
MIA