Chapter Three

The insistent buzzing of my phone pulled me from sleep. With a groan I dragged myself from bed and over to the vibrating phone.

"Hello?" I murmured.

"Hello? Tori?" a tired voice answered.

"What's up Katy?" I replied, falling back onto the bed with a huff.

"You free today?" She asked, her voice was tired.

"Uh, yeah, but I thought we were having lunch?" I asked confused.

"Well, I may or may not have the most epic hangover ever and I may or may not want to cancel lunch and watch movies all day", she said with a laugh.

"Is there a hint in there somewhere?" I asked with a laugh, pulling the quilt up to my neck.

"That I want you to come over with McDonalds and Mean Girls? Maybe", I could here the playfulness in her voice.

"I'll be there in half an hour", I sighed sarcastically, "See you."

"Bye", She called and I hung up the phone.

I tossed the phone down onto the bed and lay back closing my eyes. Suddenly a face flashed behind my eyelids and I my eyes shot open. With a small gasp the dream I had had the night before came rushing back.

The music pulsed around us as we danced amid the sweaty press of bodies. Tony's hands were comforting and firm at my waist, our bodies moved as one. There was sweat dripping down the small of my back but that didn't matter, nothing mattered. I could feel the bass pounding in my chest and sighed, loving the feeling. Glancing up at Tony I froze,  he was looking at me with the most peculiar expression. Tilting my head I smiled up at him, "What's wrong?"

He shook his head at me, a smile forming on his lips, "Nothing. Nothing at all."

He began to duck his head and suddenly everything became clear. He was going to kiss me. Rocking up onto my toes I felt his hands tighten on my waist and pull me closer, all but eliminating the space between us. I could feel the heat of his body burning through the two thin layers of cotton between us. And suddenly our lips collided in a fire of sparks. His lips were  soft and confident under mine. His arms encircled my waist as our lips moved together as one.

And then I woke up. Funny really, how whenever a dream got good reality came crashing down on everything. I rolled over and out of bed, pulling on a pair of track pants and a vintage guns and roses tee. Walking to the bathroom I ran a brush through my hair and tied it up into a messy bun. Brushing my teeth I couldn't help but see Tony's face in my minds eye. It was crazy, I barely knew the guy and already I couldn’t stop thinking about him. Hell, he was probably never going to call again.

Getting in the car I took the quick drive to Katy's house and pulled into the driveway. Walking to the front door I knocked quickly. It swung open and a tired Katy stood in the door frame. She had purple circles under her normally bright green eyes and her normally shiny dark hair looked limp and dull.

"Morning", she said tiredly.

"Hey", I replied as we walked into her house, "I got the goods."

She laughed, "Oh really?"

I opened my bag and pulled out the DVD and a bag of takeaway McDonalds. Katy laughed at took the bag from me, opening it up and breathing in the scent of the food within.

"Mm, preservatives", she smiled, making her way to the living room.

I smiled following her and making myself at home on the couch, curling up under a blanket and watching her set up the movie.

She devoured the food and watched the movie, I did too I guess. If you could call staring at the screen blankly watching. I couldn't get Tony from my head, I didn’t even know him. But he was never going to call again, I knew that much. With a sad dismay I found myself searching him on Google. Suddenly the phone was ripped from my hand and held in front of Katy's face.

"Why are you Googling Tony Perry?" She asked curiously.

"Just curious I guess, Pierce The Veil were good last night", I covered quickly, plus he drove me home last night and I gave him my number, but he's never going to call again.

"Ok then", Katy looked up at me over the phone, suspicion in her eyes, "He's so cute, isn't he? Like doesn’t he just make you want to die?"

I smiled at Katy, "Yeah, he's cute. I guess."

"I guess!? Don't you just want to kiss those lips?" She asked, and I sighed, fangirl Katy was back. Hangover or no hangover.

I laughed at her, "Oh Katy."

She tossed my phone back to me and I caught it easily, tucking it in my pocket. Turning back to the movie I continued to stare blankly at the screen, until the phone in my pocket began to buzz.

"Oh", I said quietly, fishing it from my pocket and answering it.

"Hello?" I said quietly, attempting to ignore Katy's curious stare.

"Hello? Tori? It's Tony", Came a quiet voice on the end of the line.

"Oh hey", I answered walking from the room, out Katy's ear shot, "What's up?"

I couldn't keep the smile from my voice.

"This is going to sound so lame but stay with me", He said shyly, "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you and I know it's not much of a first date but there's a party on at my place tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to, you know, come?"

I stood shocked for a moment, staring at the wall.

"Hello? Tori, You there?" Tony's voice sounded nervous, "If you don't want to come, that's cool-"

"I'll come", I said quickly, cutting off his nervous ramblings, "I mean, sure. Sounds good."

"Cool", I could hear the smile in his voice.

I couldn't stop smiling as he told me the address.

"I'll see you later, then", I said smiling.

"Sure thing, pretty girl", he replied and I listened as the line went dead.

I tucked my phone back into my pocket and walked back into the living room.

"Who was that?" Katy asked curiously.

"Just the guy that drove me home last night", I said with a shy smile.

"Oh, and?" She asked curiously.

"He invited me out tonight", I said excitedly.

"And?" She practically screamed.

"I said yes of course!" I practically screamed in response.

Katy grabbed me in a hug and began jumping up and down.

"So what's his name?" She cried.

"I'll tell you if it works out", I said in response.