Drinks

She didn't approach Kakashi after the night two years in the rain, and vise versa.

They fell back into the normal routine of things, smooth and uncomplicated. Now she was twenty-two, and more often than not her mind traveled to that of her teacher. She knew she had feelings for him, she had for so long but the 'love' she held for Sasuke blinded her painfully. Now her eyes had healed, and her heart had joined the race.

It had been two years, and every saturday they met up for dinner, ramen, and just talked about the week. She healed him when he was injured and he provided her with the comfort she needed from time to time. As of the moment, Sakura was sitting at her kitchen table, close to sundown, a cup of warm tea in her hands as she read the medical textbook laid out on the table in front of her. Hinata was six months pregnant, her belly growing with the daughter of the blonde dobe she had grown up with, and was concerned at the lack development. Her baby was fine, she was healthy but growing a bit slower than usual, nothing to be concerned about.

Long cherry blossom hair was pulled into a tight bun, bangs pushed behind her ear as she focoused, the sweater baggy on her frame as she bundled in it. It wasn't cold, in fact, it was spring, nice weather and puffy white clouds. She sipped her tea silently, the apartment stacked with books and surprisingly clean if you dismissed all the herbs thrown about, medicinal plants that had long since overgrown their pots hang from the ceiling, and Sakura couldn't remember the last time she slept in her bed, favouring the couch as of late. Her medical knowledge was growing fast and steady, she bettered her brain in the time she had off from the hospital, it had calmed down considerably now that there were more medics, less work for her to do.

Tsunade would be retiring within the next few months, Naruto anxious but he knew he wasn't going to be the next hokage, perhaps the seventh, but the sixth was still undecided. Sakura didn't really bother about politics, as long as the hokage was not a psycho who liked sending ninja on suicide missions, any Hokage would do, they were in an era of peace as is.

The knock on her door resonated, and she hummed, looking up slowly as she shifted out of the chair to see who it was. Scuffing her feet across the wooden floor of her apartment, she rubbed her belly and yawned, unlocking the door and pulling it open.

Only to be met with none other than Hatake Kakashi.

He was smiling down at her, lands lazily in his pockets and she checked the time, making sure she wasn't missing something. It was friday, their dinner wasn't until tomorrow. "Want to have drinks with me tonight?"
Sakura's heart went straight into her throat, emerald eyes widening ever so slightly as she blinked. They had never discussed their...feelings towards each other, was that what he was doing no? Was he accepting her kiss, now of all times? So taking a deep breath, she let what little hope she had left fill her healing heart, and grinned. "Sure, what time?"
"Uh," He seemed to think, brows furrowed and she could not believe the man in front of her. He hadn't thought he'd get this far, did he? "Eight?"

His grin matched her own.

The bar was nice, a cozy spot in the hole where Naruto usually occupied most friday nights, as that was what Kakashi had told her when he had picked her up. Luckily, he was not coming tonight, Tsunade was working him to the bone as a freelance slave. Kakashi wore his usual attire, his uniform as he did most every day, Sakura sporting a long sleeved sweater and a pair of jeans with sandals, her hair down as usual. He had commented when he picked her up, saying she looked very gorgeous and even brought her flowers.

She took the advance as a good thing.

Two hours into the bar, and several too many drinks later, they both were laughing too hard, barely able to stand as they walked outside. The cool air felt good, and Sakura didn't even think twice of pulling Kakashi towards her and intertwining their fingers; he didn't pull away. They walked in relative silence back to Sakura's apartment, happy and content as they laughed and made jokes, and it felt too right to be around Kakashi like this.

When they arrived at Sakura's doorstep (Kakashi nearly falling down the stairs in the process) both were smiling at eachother, words unspoken. Kakashis hand was still in Sakura's own, as if a promise to never let her go, and she didn't think twice of inviting him in.

He didn't pull away.