Mornings

The following morning, dark rain clouds blocked out the sunrise, and the smell of fresh plants wafted through Sakura's apartment. She was tangled in her own bedsheets, a mess of striking pink hair and pale ivory skin. But she wasn't alone in the bed.

The man had curled tight against her body, both of them naked and too content to care with the moment. Soft lips pressed into her shoulder, and she smiled, intertwining her hands with the pair that were clasped tightly around her belly, and she faced Kakashi in the early morning light. She almost laughed, realizing that for the first time, she had seen her sensei without his mask on. His eyes were closed, and her hands reached out to trace the contours of his jaw, flawless and smooth, the dip of red lips, kiss bruised from their passionate night, and the long slender nose that was in front of her face. His eyes opened softly, reaching out to brush back her bangs to expose the gorgeous purple seal on her forehead, and he leaned up to kiss it softly, knowing how insecure she used to be about her forehead.

She smiled and held him close, and he didn't pull back. Maybe that was what she was always looking for, someone to stick by her side and never leave her when she needed them most. She was looking for someone who wouldn't pull away from her, and stand firm by her side. Unaware that she had already found said person, she wandered around aimlessly, trying to figure out what was wrong. Kakashi nuzzled her neck, and she smiled, running her hands backwards through his messy hair, and he breathed her in. "Tsunade asked me to become the Rokudaime."
Sakura's hands froze, and she pulled back, staring at the man naked in her own bed in astonishment, emerald eyes wide.

Kakashi smiled and she knew all was well in the world.

That morning, when she was no older than twenty-two years old, she fell in love with Hatake Kakashi.