Chapter 22

Ava's Pov

"My names Daniel. Someone paid me two hundred dollars to come into this room and look for some piece of paper,"Evan tied him down to the chair with some sheets he found in the closet,"wait, you're Ava Scott. You're all over the news. Everyone talks about you."

"Do you remember what he looked like? He was a man, white, average height, what else?" I put my hands on his shoulders, pushing him further back into the chair. He winced.

"Ava," Evan pulled me away from him,"that's why your boss didn't want you to come. You would've gotten too worked up."

"Don't touch me. I'm going to figure out who that guy is if it's the last thing I do," I pulled the glasses down over my eyes then turned back to Daniel.

"He wore a hood. He had a cut on his cheek like someone cut him. He had a bandaid on it. Was he the one who-"

"What were you looking for?" Evan cut him off. If he didn't do it, I would've.

"He said it was a box. Said it was hidden very well," he stuttered as he was talking. I was scaring him. Good.

"What else?" I asked looking into the gashes he made into the wall. It was nothing there like at Kathy's apartment.

"I don't know. Am I going to need a lawyer?" He asked shaking his head and looking at the ground.

"I don't know, do you?" I knew I was being rude and I wasn't going to stop. What the hell. I could do what I wanted and what I wanted was to find the killer.

"He told me that the girl was an undercover cop for the Time academy. He kept rambling on about it. He gave me half of the money and told me he'd give me the other half when I bring back the box," he looked back at Evan,"am I going to jail?"

"Untie him," I waved my hand at him. He probably didn't even see the guy. He probably paid someone else to do the job of asking the man. It was going to be a cold trail if I went through it. The man...he was cocky. He didn't stutter. He walked with his head held high.

"Do it yourself Ava. You're not going to control me like everyone else does," he got up and walked out the door. I frowned at his back.

I guess I was controlling him. I was being a hypocrite. When I told his dad to stop controlling him, I was controlling him.

"You can go, do me a favor and don't take money from strange men," I started to walk to the door.

"Hey! I'm still tied up," I turned around, smirking, and pulling the glasses from my eyes.

"I suggest you start screaming," I walked out the room, leaving the door open on my way out. I knew that could've gotten me fired. I also knew that controlling Wilson could've gotten me fired. What was the different?

I could hear Daniel screaming behind me as I walked down the stairs. Evan must've been in the car. He was really mad at me. I understood why though. I was controlling him.

I got into the car beside him and sighed. He continued to stare at the steering wheel. If he didn't look at me, then I couldn't control him.

"I'm sorry Evan. I didn't mean to control you. I didn't know I was doing it at first," I sighed. He finally looked me in the eyes. It hurt me when he wouldn't look me in the eyes. I guess that was his way of not getting controlled.

"Your moods changing Ava. You left the man upstairs tied to a chair. You're ordering me to do stuff. Cutting me off. I can't figure out what's wrong with you," he sighed also.

"Sorry," I said again.

He looked at me as put his hand on my cheek. I leaned in and kissed him. He seemed surprised at first before he deepened the kiss. I moved over in the chair to his seat with my back against the steering wheel.