Chapter 5

Today was officially Mitch's draft day. Mitch was going to wear a green tie and black suit so I bought a green dress to match. We were cute like that. I curled my long brown hair and applied white eyeshadow and black eyeliner. I then slipped on my black three-inch heels. I took a final glance at myself in the mirror. I look good! I smiled and grabbed my purse. I walked down the stairs trying not to fall. I heard a knock and opened the door. Mitch stood there and did not say anything. That is unusual for Marns. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. I laughed at him and closed the door behind me. I tapped his shoulder but he did not move.

"Mitch!" I screamed into his ear. He jumped and finally got out what he was trying to say.

"You look-wow!" Mitch said pausing between, almost like he was at lost for words. I smiled and laughed

"You are lucky you're cute Marns." I said, walking away from the still frozen Mitch. I opened the door for myself and left it open for when Mitch decides he wants to get drafted. Bonnie was laughing really hard when Mitch finally got in the car.

"Awe, honey!" Bonnie said to Mitch. I looked over at him and he was blushing. He was so adorable, I connected my hand with his and his red cheeks faded.

"You are adorable.." I whispered in his ear. His cheeks turned red once again. I was trying to contain my laughter but I was struggling. I soon bursted out with laughter and his cheeks got redder and redder. Bonnie was nervously looking back at us.
***
We arrived at the building they were doing the draft in. Mitch opened the door for me and I walked out of the car. Mitch grabbed my hand and walked into the building. Reporters were surrounding the entrance. Mitch and I smiled for some people and then ran past them.

"I think I'm blind!" Mitch said rubbing his eyes.

"Hi, I'm Dylan." A very tall handsome man said.

"Mitch." He said shaking his hand.

"And who is this?" Dylan said with a smirk on his face

"I'm Carter, Mitch's girlfriend." I said, Dylan's smirk fell and mine formed. Mitch looked pissed but it was cute so I did not bother him. Mitch and Dylan started talking about hockey and I just listened.
***
"Everyone take your seats, we are starting soon." The man over the loudspeaker said. Mitch and I left the group of hockey players. We sat next to Bonnie and Mr. Marner. The draft commenced and we watched. The second pick was Dylan Strome. I wonder if it is the same Dylan we were talking to. Yes, It was, He went up on stage and put his Erie Otters jersey. Mitch was happy but nervous. His hands were shaking and his leg kept tapping. I took his hand in mine and smiled at him.

"I'm sure you'll go soon." I said to him.
***
Seventeen picks went by and Mitch was still sitting next to me.

Mark Hunter went up to the stage for the London Knights.

"We select Mitchell Marner." He said, Mitch jumped out of his seat and so did I. I wrapped my arms around him and whispered into his ear.

"Congratulations babe." Mitch hugged his parents. He walked down the stairs and to the stage. He took off his suit coat and put his jersey on. The green looked good on him. London was only an hour and a-half away. It wasn't too bad but he was still going to be gone. Mitch walked off stage with his new team. There he goes, his new family.

A single tear rolled down my cheek. Why I was crying I don't know. It's not like he will leave me forever. He has to come back to me. A man in a suit told Mitch's parents and I, we can go back and see him. I wiped the tears away. As I stood up, I took a deep breathe. You'll be fine. I told myself. I walked with the Marner's to where Mitch was. I ran past them in my heels and jumped into his arms. I would wrap my legs around him if I didn't have a dress on. He kissed my cheek and put me down. His parents started talking to him about living situations and other stuff I don't much care for. I saw Dylan leaning against the wall by himself so I started talking to him.

"Hi, Congrats!" I said to him, he jumped a little.

"Oh, Thank you." He didn't seem as happy as he should be.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him, resting my hand on his shoulder.

"Uhm, this is weird to say but, I'm jealous of Mitch and you." He sighed, I ran my hand down his arm.

"I just want someone to hold, and cuddle with. Is that too much to ask for? You guys are seriously the cutest couple I have ever seen." I moved my hand to his, he grabbed it and looked down and then up at me.

"The reason Mitch and I are how we are is because we have been friends for three years. Do you have a girl-best friend?"

"No." He answered.

"I'll be your best friend." I said to him.

"But you are dating Mitch."

"I'm almost sure that he will find someone better than me in London." I said leaning my head on his chest.

"No one can replace you." Dylan said softly, I looked up at him and his cheeks were red, awe, he is almost as adorable as Mitch. I kissed his cheek and let go of his hand.

"Call me." I said giving him my number. He smiled at me.

"Thank you." He pulled me into a hug. Wow, he hugged really good.

"Anytime." I said walking away from him. Dylan Strome, my new bestie.