Chapter Eleven *Newt's pov*

"She went off with them, didn't she?" I asked, sighing. Teresa's solemn nod was the answer to my question.
"Yeah. I saw her sneak off."
"Why can't she just stay here and do her job?" I asked. "Just once, can she please stay out of danger? She could get seriously hurt out there!"
"Look," Teresa said. "All of the guys have guns and a way to contact us. Two actually." She added the last part. "Look, let's just try to figure out how these bodies connect and where he'll strike next, okay? You can chew out (y/n) when she comes back."
"The problem is that chewing her out does absolutely nothing." I muttered, but stood.
We overlooked the evidence, trying to find clues about the mystery victim. "What did her wallet produce?" I asked.
Teresa shook her head. "There was no wallet. No purse for that matter either."
"And how do we know it's the Snake?"
"That's the weird part." She said. "We don't know it's the Snake, but these are similar to his murders."
"Teresa, it could be just a copycat, not Snake."
She sighed. "Now what?"
"How far away was this murder from yesterday's?"
"I'd say about three miles south." Teresa estimated.
"Not about. Exactly three miles." I said, looking at a map.
"So, how does that help?" She asked.
"For one thing, we know that he's starting to develop a pattern."
"I'm not following." She said.
"Look," I told her. "He could be going three miles every time in each direction: north, south, east west, or could be going two or four or-"
"Or fifty." She interrupted. "This piece of information might not even help us at all!"
"Wrong." I said. "I know killers, Teresa, and this is what they do. They plot and plan. Serial killers...they're so desperate to be caught."
"Why would they be desperate to be caught?"
"They want to be acknowledged for their plans and that's where they trip up."
"Newt, this is the Snake we're dealing with." Teresa pointed out. "It takes a lot more for him to trip up."
"We will catch him." I insisted. "Get a report for the victim as soon as you can, okay?"
Teresa nodded and went off at her task. I busied myself by going through the Snake's file, looking for patterns in his killings. As I sifted through the records, (y/n) filled my mind. I tried to push her out, to focus, but it wasn't happening.
"I'm crazy," I moaned, pushing the papers in front of my face, trying to study them. As I went through and through, I suddenly jumped up from my chair, realizing a few things:
1. The Snake had never harmed a male, only females
2. He was out there
3. So was (y/n).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please like vote and comment tysm!!
~le fanmaster