Chapter 9

*****SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX! THERE IS SEX IN THIS CHAP TOO!!! :):):):):) Just thought I'd let you know!*****

Artemis P.O.V

I was sick for a few days. Just a cold, nothing more. Storm said I was lucky not to get pneumonia. As soon as I was better, Storm and Raven decided we needed to go out. "It's alright, filea mia. Just have fun. We'll take care of Honor," my mother assured when she came to get him. "Mama, I don't want to be too much trouble-"

"Oh, hush child! It's no trouble. I've been dying to spend time with my grandbaby. You just go get ready, and have fun tonight," she said before hugging me and loading her car up with a bunch of Honor's stuff. I kissed Honor goodbye and set him in his car seat before running back inside. Raven and Storm would be back soon with dinner; after we ate, we were going to a club. Music, dancing, what was there not to like about it? I stared at myself in the mirror. "How am I gonna pull this one off?" I mumbled to myself as I started brushing out the curly, knotted mess on my head.

Storm P.O.V

"Artemis, we're home!" Raven yelled, carrying two bags full of take-out meals. I smiled as I whiffed the fried rice and vegetables. Artemis came out of the bathroom in a pair of shorts and a baggy hoodie, and half of her hair was pulled up in a ponytail on the side of her head, the other half straightened. Her curly midnight hair tumbled down to her waist, but straight, it swung down well past her hips. Raven started laughing, and she swatted his arm. "Shut up!" she squealed. "I still have to finish getting ready. Now, give me my food!" Raven immediately handed over the bag and she rummaged through it for her meal. "Thanks Birdy!" she grinned, kissing him on the cheek and handing the bag back before running off to the kitchen with her meal. His face turned a bright pink color and he ducked his head. "Let's go eat," I chuckled, guiding him to the kitchen table. She had already eaten half of the box. "Here Luna. Here pretty kitty," she cooed, setting the food on the floor.

"I'm gonna go get ready now!" she said before running back to the bathroom. Raven scarfed down his food, and I willingly handed over the other bag. "Thanks love," he said, his mouth full of food. I shook my head and got up to go get ready. Thirty minutes later, and Raven and I were sitting on the couch, waiting for Artemis. "Raven? Storm?" she called quietly. We both stood, wringing our hands nervously. What I saw next next made my heart skip a beat. Artemis stepped out of the hallway, her hair straight and glossy, pinned so that it all hung over her left shoulder. Her black sandals had straps that wrapped around her legs and stopped about mid-calf. She wore a pair of tight black, denim short shorts and a red scrap of fabric that I would hardly call a shirt. The back was completely missing save for two thin strings that tied together and the strings that tied around her neck. The front dipped low and followed the curve of her breasts. Raven stared and pointed at her. "Y-your scars...?" he questioned.

She smiled bashfully and replied, "A little bit of cover-up and foundation works wonders. Are you ready to go?" Nodding numbly, I held my hand out to her and we left. We had decided beforehand to walk, but seeing Artemis now-- and all of the attention she was getting-- had made me not want to leave the house at all. I wrapped a possessive arm around her waist, glaring at the men we passed on the street. Apparently Raven was thinking the same as me, because his arm soon overlapped mine.

Artemis P.O.V.

It was loud, and very crowded. Anxiety crept up on me, and I was starting to second-guess whether or not this was a good idea. "M-maybe we should just go home," I stammered, looking around nervously. Several pairs of eyes were fixed on me, and I tried desperately to hide myself between Raven and Storm. "Relax," Raven breathed against the back of my neck, his hands on my hips guiding me to a seat at the bar. I shivered a bit and glared at him as he sat down beside me. As he ordered our drinks, I looked around at all of the bodies pressed together on the dance floor. "Thanks," I mumbled, taking one of the small glasses of dark amber liquid from him. I scrunched up my nose and tipped my head back, downing it quickly and slamming my glass on the counter. "Whoo!" Raven cheered, waving the bartender over for another round. "Still feel nervous?" he asked. I nodded and quickly threw back a second shot. It burned the back of my throat and made me feel all warm inside. I hopped off of the little bar stool and grabbed Storm's hand, pulling him to the dance floor. I saw Raven smiling at us before we were pulled into the mass of people. Storm kept a tight grip on me, his hands roaming as we rocked to the beat of the music. The music quickly changed, and I could feel the thumping of the speakers through the floor. It was like fire danced through my veins. "I'm gonna go check on Raven," Storm yelled over the music. "Okay, I'll be right here," I hollered, watching him weave through the crowd back toward the bar.