Chapter 10

Artemis P.O.V.

I woke up to an empty bed and silence. I thought I had just overslept a little, but the clock on the nightstand said it was a quarter past noon. I couldn't believe I had slept that late; then again, Raven and Storm had kept me up all night. My face started to burn just thinking about it. I got out of bed and shuffled down the hallway. As I neared the living room, I heard giggling and squealing. "Again RayRay! Again!" Honor squealed. Storm was sitting on the couch with Luna in his lap, and Raven was tossing Honor in the air and catching him."I fly like you!" Honor laughed, sticking his arms straight out the next time Raven threw him in the air. "Yeah, Honor," Raven replied, catching him and cradling him to his chest. "Maybe if you ask Mommy really nice, she'll let you fly with me for real." I smirked, standing at the end of the hallway. "Maybe. Mommy doesn't really know how she feels about letting you fly for real," I piped up. Honor's face lit up with joy and he wriggled in Raven's arms. Raven sighed before setting him down on the ground. Honor ran at me and hugged my legs. "Mommy!" he cried. "Hi babyboy," I smiled, ruffling his hair. "When did my parents bring him back?" I asked, looking up at Raven and Storm. "Edward dropped him off about an hour ago," Storm answered, a mischevious smile playing at the corners of his mouth. "We thought we'd let you rest for a while. Seems like you had a rough night." I could feel the heat rising to my face again. Ugh, why was it so easy to make me blush?

"Mommy, RayRay dunna take me fwyin!" he exclaimed. "Tan I? Tan I? Pwease?" he begged. I scooped him up in my arms and hugged him tight, staring at Raven over the top of Honor's head. "I don't know. Does RayRay promise to be very very careful with Mommy's baby?" I asked, eyes narrowed at him. "Yes ma'am," Raven answered, nodding enthusiastically. "Yay!" Honor cheered, clapping his little hands together. I set him down as he ran around the room excitedly. "You hear dat Stom?" he giggled. "Momma dunna wet me go fwy!" He stuck his arms out and zoomed around, making airplane noises. "Yeah Honor. That's great," Storm said, smiling softly. No matter how stern or stoic the man was, he was putty in Honor's hands. Raven swooped him up and chuckled lightly. "Wave bye-bye to Momma," he said. Honor grinned and waved at me. I kissed the top of his head, then gave Raven a soft peck on the lips. "You be careful with my baby, Birdy. Or else..." I whispered low enough so only he could hear me. "S-sure thing, Little Red. You know h-he's safe with me," he stammered. Honor was squealing and giggling with glee when Raven ran outside and took off into the early afternoon sky.

"You look worried," Storm observed. "Yeah," I sighed, sitting on the couch and leaning against him. "I'm surprised he was so eager to go flying. I'm a grown man and you wouldn't catch me dead on a flight with Raven," he mumbled. "Afraid of heights, are we?" I teased, poking him in his side. "How could you tell?" he sighed, rolling his eyes. I giggled and replied, "Lucky guess?" What started as a couple playful shoves between the two of us resulted in both of us on the floor, him pinned beneath me, and me straddling his hips. "I win," I smirked, leaning in for a kiss.The air suddenly flew from my lungs and I was on the floor beneath him. "I win," he whispered before kissing me gently. The kisses turned into gentle nips and bites at my neck, and I couldn't hold back the soft moans that escaped my lips. "Between your lust and Raven's, the two of you are insatiable," I groaned as his kisses trailed lower. He sat up and stared down at me, his weight no longer on me. "Oh?" he replied. "And what about your lust? I'm fairly sure you're the one that started this." I could feel my face growing warm, so I rolled out from underneath him and got up quickly. "That's beside the point," I mumbled, retreating to the kitchen. I hurried to busy myself with making sandwiches. "Why did you come to hide in here, love?" Storm pouted as he took a seat at the table. "I'm not hiding," I quickly came up with a response, pointing at the clock on the wall. "It's almost one. Honor is going to want lunch when he and Birdy get back." Storm stared at me for a long moment.

"I think that's incredible. You don't remember carrying him or having him and you just met him, yet you've taken to this 'mother' thing so quickly and naturally," he commented. I shrugged and turned to face him, leaning against the counter. "He's my baby. He's a part of me. How could caring for him not come naturally?" I replied. His eyes lit up and he smiled, that beautiful smile that I loved so much. "Fair enough." Eventually, we heard the door bang open and Honor's excited little footsteps around the house. "In here sweetie," I called. His footsteps neared the kitchen until he was running through the entryway, his dark eyes shining, grinning ear-to-ear. "Mommy!" he yelled, wrapping himself around my legs. "Hi baby," I giggled, patting his head. "RayRay took me up high, high high high. His wings did this--" he made flapping motions with his arm, "and we were in da twees!" He continued to tell me, but he didn't know all the words he wanted to say, so half of it was baby babble nonsense. But that was okay-- I listened and enjoyed every second of it. When he was done talking, he turned to Storm and held his arms out. Storm turned and raised a brow at me. "He wants you to pick him up," I smiled. He stared back at Honor in disbelief. "You? You want me to pick you up?" he asked. Honor grinned and nodded, reaching for Storm. He hesitantly picked the baby up and set him in his lap. I set two plates in front of Storm, one for him and one for Honor. Then I set Raven's plate at the table.