Chapter 4

Raven P.O.V.

I rocked back on my heels and let out a low whistle. "Please answer the door," I mumbled to myself. A moment later the door opened, and Artemis stood there with that same welcoming smile on her beautiful face. She was in an over-sized grey sweatshirt and cutoff shorts, her hair a wild mess of curls piled on top of her head. "You look comfy," I smirked. A light pink blush rose to her cheeks and she smiled, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "Um, I wasn't expecting any company," she mumbled, tugging the hem of her sweathirt. I pulled the small bouquet of flowers out from behind my back and handed them to her. "Well, I came to ask you on a date," I smiled. Her face got brighter as she took the flowers and waved me into the house. "I'd love to go on a date with you," she answered quietly, placing the flowers in a vase.

"Great! Because I don't know what I would've done if you said no," I laughed nervously, scratching the back of my head. "I'm just- I'm gonna...yeah," she stammered as she stumbled down the hall toward her room. Luna purred at my feet, her small body already curled around my legs. I smiled and picked her up, nuzzling her soft, warm fur. "I can't believe she said yes," I whispered excitedly to Luna.

Artemis P.O.V.

"Ugh, I'm such an idiot!" I groaned as I shut my door. Raven had asked me out on a date and all I could do was stand there like a fool. Honestly! "Pull yourself together, he's out there waiting for you," I hissed, thumping myself on the head for my foolishness. I let my hair down as I walked toward my bathroom. "Where exactly are we going?" I hollered as I began running the bath water. "I, uh- I thought we'd go to the fair again tonight. You know, a little music, a few games, just some fun," he called back. I was grinning like a fool as I sank into the hot, steamy bath. "Sounds great," I reponded, letting my head fall back into the relaxing water.

Raven P.O.V.

I heard the soft creaking of footsteps down the hall and I stood. Artemis entered the living room with her long, midnight curls tumbling down her back and a purple scarf tied in her hair. She wore big hoop earrings, and bangles on her wrists. A loose white blouse was tucked into a long, flowing black skirt. A silver chain was around one ankle and a leather strap around the other. This was Artemis in a way I'd never seen her before. She was enchanting, absolutely hypnotizing. "You look...amazing," I gasped, staring in awe. "Really? You think so?" she replied, staring in disbelief. "Absolutely," I assured her, offering my arm. "Shall we?" She happily looped her arm through mine as we headed toward the door. I smiled down at her as we reached the street and I scooped her up in my arms. Her hand tightened on the sleeve of my leather coat and her other hand was on the back of my neck, her fingers tangling themselves in my hair, as I took off into the dusky evening sky.

"You need to warn me when you do that," she scolded, breathless. I tightened my grip on her and laughed as I lead us toward town. A few minutes later, we landed in the town square behind her mother's booth. "Miss Kairo," I nodded, walking past her as she was taking down her tent. "Hello Raven," she smiled, winking at Artemis. "There are games, there's food, there are performers at the stage. What do you wanna do first?" I asked, turning to her. "Let's go to the game booths," she answered, excitedly dragging me toward a booth with bright lights and dartboards.

Artemis P.O.V.

The night passed quickly. I don't think there was a moment that I wasn't smiling. We watched an acrobat performance; Raven had won a small stuffed animal, a grey wolf, for me; we ate many strange foods. It was a wonderful night. We were sitting on an empty cart talking when I heard a loud, thrumming beat. "You hear that? It's music!" I grinned up at Raven. His bright orange hair came down over his eyes, but I could still see the excitement in their earthy depths. A smile slowly stretched over his handsome face. "Yeah. I love music," he smiled. I jumped to my feet and grabbed his hand. "Come on! Let's go dance. Please?" I pleaded, tugging his arm. His face went blank and it was his turn to blush. "I-I don't really dance," he admitted softly. "But okay." I squealed with delight as I pulled him toward the musicians onstage.