Chapter 8

*Gary's POV*

I got a text from Mark telling me he was staying in the studio since he'd told Emma. I knew I had to tell Dawn now but I had no idea how she'd react.

The kids were in the garden playing so I seized the opportunity to grab Dawn while they couldn't hear us. She was in the kitchen washing up so I grabbed a tea towel to dry the dishes. "Hi, Babe," she smiled. I smiled back before sighing.
"Look, I think we need a chat," I said drying a glass and putting it to the side. She looked at me with a confused face and placed another plate on the draining board which I then picked up to dry.
"What's up?" she asked. I sighed again.
"I'm not sure myself," I said.
"Gary? What's going on?" she asked.
"I don't know anymore. I wish I understood what was going on, my feelings, but I just can't explain them," I said welling up. She put the pan she was washing back into the sink.
"Gary. Tell me what's going on," she said, seeing the tears in my eyes.
"I... I'm gay," I whispered, hanging my head down.
"What?" she asked quietly.
"I'm in love with a man," I bawled, tears now falling down my cheeks.
"Get out," she spat. All concern had left her face and was now being replaced with anger.
"But, the ki-"
"GET OUT!" she shouted slamming the pan onto the draining board.

I scuttled out of the kitchen and grabbed my keys and phone. I sensed I really wasnt wanted. Getting into the car I rested my arms on the steering wheel and my head on my arms. What had I done? Did I put it badly? I said I was gay. I guess that's not my fault. I said I was... Oh. In love.

I sighed and wiped my tears before egniting the engine and pulling out into the road, heading in the direction of the studio.

*Marks POV*

There was an unlocking sound coming from the front door of the studio and I heard it swing open then close again. "Mark," I heard a familiar voice call. My heart picked up and I shot off the sofa. Gary walked in with red eyes and cheeks as I instinctively ran over to hold him.

He hugged me back tightly as I tried to comfort him. I hate seeing gary like this. "Let me make you a cuppa," I whispered into his ear as he nodded into my shoulder.

I brought our tea's in and sat down next to gaz on the black leather sofa. "What happened then?" I asked softly, taking a sip. Gary looked over to me.
"Well, I told her. And she just, told me to get out," he shrugged. I rubbed his back.
"Its okay, she probably just needs time," I reassured. Gary shook his head, staring into his tea.
"You should've seen her face, Mark. Her eyes were full of hate, she just screamed at me to get out. What if I don't get to see the kids again," he broke off, starting to cry. I hated seeing him cry. Everything inside me just fell apart when I saw Gary upset. He didn't deserve any of this.
"I'm so sorry, Gaz. For everything. You shouldn't have to deal with this, its my fault," I sobbed into his shoulder. I should've just suppressed my feelings and then he could be happy with his family, and I could continue with mine. My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a warm pair of lips slam down on mine, sending a shiver through me.

The kiss lasted a few seconds before he pulled away again. "Don't ever say this is your fault. I have feelings for you too, I broke it off with Dawn, and
I did it because I love you," he said, emphasising every 'I' to get across that it wasn't, in fact, all my fault. I loved him and... I couldn't believe I was hearing it but, Gary Barlow loved me too.

~~~~~

Heya,
Sorry for the mega short chapter. I just wanted to get these little bits out of the way before lots and lots of cuteness happens very sooooon! :)
Also, sorry for taking a while to update. I have exams coming up so I'm taking time out of revision to update.
Lots of love,
J x