Chapter 4

I woke up around one in the afternoon, feeling both guilty and pleased. Dreaming about someone who you're trying to avoid, it was like saying you're on a diet then stuffing your face with a decadent chocolate cake an hour later. The point is, I wasn't too proud of my feminine urges about Louis. Who is apparently just a fraction of a god. Just a little crazy.

I needed fresh air. I needed to just go out and relax. I could go for a drink. Just one drink for a minor buzz, then I'd be off to town, ordering brunch and shopping for summer dresses and shoes that'll create the illusion of a taller me. I went to my closet and pulled out a flowy top and a pair of skinny jeans. Oh, and a new set of this-time matching underwear.

I took out my phone and went to Messages. Why do all this alone? It was more fun with a best friend.

'Hey, girl! U up for brunch?'

I pressed send and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. After brushing my teeth, I took my hairbrush and bit my lip as I struggled through the knots. My phone vibrated in my back pocket. I placed my brush on the marble sink counter, giving up for the time being. I took my phone out and checked the message.

'Totally! U no I'm always up for girls day out! Meet u @ the diner @ 1?' I grinned.

'Yep meetcha there!'

I stuffed the phone back in my pocket and continued to attempt to fix my wild hair. Eventually I got enough knots out to make my hair presentable and went to makeup. Light foundation, brown eyeliner, brown mascara, and champagne lip stain. I was going to add blush but felt like that was too much for a girls' day.

I headed out to my car and drove to the bar. I drink felt good right about now. I kept my mind off Harry and Louis and Liam. All of them-- or he, being one person with different faces, had been flooding my mind. I didn't want some crazy guy who said he was a god flooding my mind. I wanted a cute, normal guy. Normal was my top priority right now.

I pulled over in front and stepped out of the car. I locked the doors behind me and headed inside. I looked around. A young attractive man at the bar caught my attention. He was fit, and quite cute. Blonde hair and in a simple T-shirt. I made my way over and sat at the stool beside him, crossing my legs and sitting up straight.

"Hi," he greeted. I recognized his accent as Irish. I liked it. His eyes flickered for a millisecond. I barely noticed. If it wasn't for the smirk...

"Nice eyes," I commented, flagging over the bar tender. "You almost managed to get them right." He chuckled. "Orange Vodka Sunrise," I ordered, slumping in my chair.

"How'd you know?" he asked.  

"The way you looked at me." I couldn't help but smirk at him. He smiled back a little cheekily. It was damn cute, I had to admit.

"I knew you'd like the cute appeal," he read my mind. That really freaked me out. "I was going for sexy Irishman with dreamy sky-blue eyes. I call this one, Niall. Did I hit the mark?" I let out a little laugh at his expression: one arched eyebrow over a small playful smile. Suddenly I got a shiver up my spine. I ignored it.

"I guess, but why Irish?" He shrugged, taking a gulp of his beer.

"Felt like changing it up a bit." He stared at the football game playing on the TV screen for awhile. "What's with the getup?" he asked.

"What getup?" I looked down at my outfit. A nice shirt and jeans didn't exactly seem like dressing up.

"Oh, sorry. I guess you just look good in anything." I fought back the flattery warming my cheeks, but a smile still slipped through. "You're not trying to get someone else's attention, are you?" I turned directly to him.