Chapter 7

"Who are you?" I demanded slowly, trying to catch my breath from the scare. He didn't answer, just lowered his head, keeping his eyes parallel with mine. There it was. A flicker of green and blue. "Louis? Harry? Liam? Niall?" He smirked.

"Zayn." I looked over at the parking lot, trying to calm myself. At least I knew who the psycho was. I looked back at him. His newly deep brown eyes burned to look at.

"Zain?" I asked carefully, not sure I could handle another face.

"With a Y." I raised my eyebrows. "You know, Z-A-Y-N."

"Isn't Zain spelled with an I?" He chuckled.

"Y's cooler." I rolled my eyes.

"Sure it is, Zainwith a Y. What are you doing here?" He reached for my hands, but I pulled away. He sighed and looked down. He took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes. My breath caught.

"You are a once in a lifetime being. And my lifetime never ends," he said quietly and in a deep raspy tone. "I need to prove to you, that we belong together." The intensity of his words and his brown eyes made everything else quiet. My mouth hung open in mid smile. Zayn suddenly cleared his throat and looked away. "Plus, once I mark something, it needs to know it's my property."

I rolled my eyes and stomped toward my car. Of course, he appeared in front of me, causing me to run into him. I stepped back and massaged my temples.

"You know I was actually in a pretty good mood until you showed up," I stated, agitated.

"I'm sorry, I just--" He scanned me. "What are you wearing?" I looked down at my outfit. "You can't wear that!"

"What are you talking about?" He took off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders. "What are you doing?"

"You're showing too much. I don't want anyone looking at you."

"That's sweet, but I get to choose my clothing."

"You wore that to your job interview."

"I wanted to get the job, now, didn't I?" I tried to walk away again. He grabbed my arm.

"Did he see the marks?" he asked seriously.

"You mean my two X's tattoo?" I asked nervously. He shut his eyes for a moment and sighed.

"So he saw them," he stated, sounding aggravated.

"So what if he did?" Zayn began pacing around the parking lot. I watched him like he was crazy, which he was. Eventually, he stopped.

"The mark... it's like... How do I explain this?.. You know pheromones?" He looked at me seriously. My eyes widened and I nodded. "The mark--it affects human emotions, mainly sexual. When someone looks at you, all they're gonna see, are those X's."

My eyes went from Zayn's dark irises to the ground and back. His words sunk in slowly. My eyes watered, but not enough to cry. I swallowed.

"So... you're telling me... that I'm being treated differently... based on the marks... th-that you gave me." Tears began to form in my eyes as he nodded a solemn yes. I walked up to him, my jaw tightening. Zayn looked me in the eyes with no expression.

"I'm sor--" I slapped him clean across the face. His eyes shut and his head turned at the force. He slowly opened his eyes and turned his head to face me again. He squeezed his lips into a tight line.

"Shut up. Please, just... go away," I whimpered.

"I'm sorry," he tried pathetically.

"You stole my face! I'm not even myself anymore! My whole life will be a lie-- a lie that you created! I've worked so hard... I just want to be normal-- have a normal life-- and you ruined that! All of you: Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn. Every part."

"I'm sorry. And before you scold me again, you need to understand that you're not 'normal' and never will be. You're special."

"But--"

"No 'but's. Normal is overrated. I mean... Please don't be mad at me for noticing the real you. And dare I say it, not being able to stay away from her." I stared at him in shock. "You have no idea how hard it is for me to say something like that."

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked desperately. He reached for my hands, and this time I didn't pull away.

"I'm going to help you. I, truthfully, don't really understand this either. But I'm learning, and I'll teach you. I'm going to need you to trust me. Can you do that?" I felt frozen as I watched and heard the words coming out of his mouth. Do I trust him? Could I trust him? Not knowing what else to do, I nodded.

"Yes. I trust you." He seemed to let out a breath of relief and smiled.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at one."

"For what?"

"Our first lesson."

"What exactly is this lesson going to be?"

"I guess we'll find out tomorrow at one."

"Can't wait." I started for my car and Zayn followed. When I reached it, I stopped and turned to him. "Anything else you want to say?" He chuckled a bit.

"You know, like, when you slapped me?"

"Mm hmm..."

"That was oddly a turn on." I laughed.

"Wow, um, thanks. I enjoyed that."

"And again, I'm sorry."

"I'll see you tomorrow, Zayn. Or... wait. Will I be seeing Zayn tomorrow? Or another persona. Maybe Louis, Harry. Oh, hey, is Liam around? I haven't seen Niall in awhile."

"Okay, that's amusing. It's not nice to make fun of my species."

"Your godly species?"

"See you're getting it."

"Bye, whoever you are."

"I'll see you tomorrow." He grinned at me. I smiled back awkwardly, not sure why he was so happy. His smile became a smirk. "I'll see you tomorrow," he repeated more cheerfully. He leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I missed that," he whispered in my ear. I turned to face him, but he had done another disappearing act.

I sighed and got into my car. I carefully placed my hands on the wheel. I had gone from furious to perfectly fine. And now I was meeting with him tomorrow at one. Shit, how did he do that?

A/N:

Hey my peeps! yeah i know this chapter isn't very long, but it's critical to the story and has sexy zayn in it so it's okay! next chapter will be longer because it's pretty much the first date. real date. not argue then sleep together date. you can only have so much of those before realizing there's a problem. :) enjoy, vote, share, and comment!!! i love your comments so much, u have no idea!!! keep 'em coming!