Chapter 5

I slipped on the summer dress. I put on some red pumps. I went to the mirror. My face felt plain. I picked up a red lipstick and neatly put it on. My friend appeared behind me in the mirror, ready in a simple blue dress.

"Is this for anyone specific?" she asked with arms crossed.

"What? No, I just feel like... seeing how many fish I can catch," I justified, beginning to darken my eyeliner to a bold black.

"Honey, I know you're a little broken from--"

"I'm fine! Okay? I just need a little fun." I finished by making a quick duck face and turning to face my concerned friend.

"You find being hit on by a bunch of douches fun? Look, I guess I get having one night of fun with a stranger. But you're starting to worry me." I smiled at her and stepped forward.

"Trust me, I'm fine. C'mon, let's go." I tried to pull her outside, but she wouldn't budge. I looked back at her.

"I'm not going. You can be reckless all you want. I got a boyfriend who loves me waiting for me at home." I watched as she walked passed me and exited my house.

I huffed and pushed my hair behind me ear. Fine. I didn't need her anyway. I wasn't doing this to be reckless. It was an experiment. Niall had said that it wouldn't matter if I tried to be with another guy because I was his. Well, let's see about that.

I went to my car and pulled out onto the road. As I drove to the bar, I started getting anxious. This isn't me. At least, it wasn't me. I remember innocent me. In fact, I think she was coming back. But I still needed to do this.

I pulled over up front and parked. As I got out of the car, I noticed the serious partying going on inside. Full of drunk guys and girls. Who I was going to be among. What did I get myself into?

I decided to just go inside. Get this experiment over with. I went through the door and into a world of lights, grinding, and graphic music. I felt a few pairs of eyes follow me to the bar. I scoped the area. Cute guys were everywhere. Most were occupied, but a few met my gaze.

I smiled shyly and looked away. I closed my eyes, took a breather, then looked back. He was smiling back at me. I pushed my hair behind my ear, smirking. He started biting his lip. I bit mine too. I sent him an air kiss. He acted like he caught it and pressed the hand to his lips.

I laughed a bit and looked to the other side of the dance floor. My eyes widened. Harry was staring at me from across the bar, arms crossed, leaning against a column. He was wearing a black jacket, a white T-shirt, and dark blue skinny jeans. He started this whole mess. I had slept with him, woken up to Louis, chased after Liam, learned the purpose of the mark from Niall. Who else was there?

My jaw clenched as I glared at him. He didn't look happy either. His figure started flickering. His body started mushing and molding. Liam took his place. My anger was replaced by shock as he seemed to be struggling to stay in a single form. He shut his eyes tight. When he opened them, he was fine once again. He glared at me.

I looked away, and back at my mysterious flirting partner from across the bar. He raised his eyebrows as if to say, "you okay?" I nodded and smiled at him. This wasn't hard at all. I wasn't stuck on him. Using my pointer finger, I gestured for the guy to come over.

He smirked and headed my way, pushing his hair back with his fingers. I giggled as I watched him cheekily slide over here through the dance floor. I quickly glanced back over at Liam, who was doubled over, holding his stomach. My breath caught. Was he hurt? Did he need help?

I watched his hair darken to a dark brown. It was almost immediately replaced with blonde. He stood up slowly, revealing Niall. Blue eyes and all. I turned back around to see my mystery guy was by my side.