Prologue

Today I realized something, you can't walk away from love. I also realized something else, no matter how many times you try to, you always end up right back where you started.

 I'm 18 so I've seen my share of romance/ sappy movies and they all seem to end the same way they started. Two people madly in love. But I'm not sure I believe in love anymore. It used to be this great thing, a feeling, like being on cloud nine or something. It was all sunshines and rainbows until one day something  just clicked. 

 We fought more often, he'd storm out and I even lost my voice a couple of times from  our screaming matches. I wondered if all those tears shed was worth it. Who am I kidding of course it is, I loved him so much it hurt. I'd do anything for him and so would he... at least I thought we would. You think you know someone so well but do you really? 

I thought I knew who Adam was,cheeky, caring and charming, the boy I fell deeply in love with.I mean yeah he had a temper and a bad past and was inappropriate at times but I was seeing a side of him I didn't like. The boy he was in his teens, arrogant, rude and just careless.  People change, sometimes not for the better.

***

I sit on my bed pondering in my thoughts, trying to figure out what exactly happened  a couple of weeks ago. It seems to be one big blur in my mind but thats the only thing I've been thinking about. I missed him, I wish he'd just come home already. The house was quiet, too quiet  and I hated it! I simply layed back and dreamed of when times were better...and also not.