Chapter 9

My father not coming home last night resulted in me sleeping in until 1pm. I was well rested and exited for the day.I decided to go shopping before my date with Adam, but since I  was extremely insecure  when shopping, I called vicky. Hopefully she had some tips on what I should wear for my date because I was clueless. I Quickly dialled her number and was relived when she said she would pick me up in 10 minutes. I got ready in a hurry and rushed out the door to see Vicky's Toyota parked outside.She waved at me from the window as I walked towards the car.

"Get in bitch, we're going shopping" She says quoting mean girls

"Heyyyy heyy hey girl!!!!How you doing?"

"Great, this is my only other day off this week so feel lucky I'm helping you"She teases

"of course I feel so lucky. So where are we going?"I ask

"The mall, I know this awesome store where you can buy something sexy" I laugh at her excitement "So what kind of date is it? Movies, dinner, romantic walk on the beach?

"Well I don't actually know"

"He didn't tell you where you guys where going? That sounds like a fuckboy move...next thing you know you guys are gonna be netflix and chilling.

"Noo Adam gave me a clue" I explain

"A clue??! "Thats so dumb" Vicky says popping her gum 

"Its not dumb, I think its cute" 

"Yeah so cute" her sarcasm is thick "So..what did the clue say" I pull out my phone and read her the clue that I've been annualizing  since  last night and vicky scoffs

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean" she laughs

"I have no idea"I say

"Whatever, a sexy outfit never fails" She says stepping out of the car and leading us into a little boutique called Bow and Arrow. The store was filled with cute little dresses and skirts  of all kinds. I can't believe I've never been here before.Right away Vicky runs to a section of the boutique entitled "dates" and starts picking out numerous dresses for me to try  on. She comes back about 10 minutes later and hands me a big pile of clothes. I can't help but feel odd trying on these revealing dressed, I never wore these clothes as a young teen.

"Uggggghhhh I hate dresses" I groan

"You look lovely, stop being a fool" Vicky shouts at me

I tried on dress after dress and all of them fit well, but I seemed to hate all of them anyway.I wanted to impress Adam but not too much,I didn't want it to seem like I was trying too hard either.The mixture of nerves and anticipation was not helping my decision either. Why couldn't Adam just tell me where the date was,I hated surprises anyway. Victoria kept the dressed coming, I must've tried on 100 dressed in 1 hour until finally I found one I absolutely adored.It wasn't too casual and wasn't too fancy. As goldy locks would say, it was just right. The dress white laced at the top and had a navy blue bottom. It was accompanied by an adorable brown belt to finish the outfit It was more of a skirt but It looked like a dress. I was finally content with my choice, if I had to try on one more dress I might scream.I exit the changing room to show Vicky.

"I think I'm going to buy this one" I smile

"Wow you look hot, if you don't buy it, I will" vicky explains

"Okayyy let me just change and then we can leave"

"Wait" vicky says as I turn back around to face her 

"Don't you thing you should get something else..?" She says while picking up a pair of black laced underwear and waving it in the air.

"Don't you think its too soon?" I blush