Chapter 17

I stared at him.

"You're leaving?!" I said, still not taking in what he was saying.

He nodded. "I can't stay here, Kay, so I'm moving on."

"No, you don't have to leave because of me," I said. I felt awful. This was the only memory he had of his brother, and I was driving him away from it.

"I do," he said. "I don't want to hold you back here with me anymore." he dug his hand deep into his pocket and pulled out an envelope.

"What's that?" I said.

"It's my ticket," he said. "Well, tickets." Tickets? He wasn't going alone?

"Who else is going?" I asked. Instead of answering, he opened the envelope. He took out one ticket. I was really confused. He placed it in the palm of my hand, and wrapped my fingers around it.

"I didn't want to make you choose, Kay," he said. "But I have to. If you want to come with me, meet me at the train station tomorrow at 12 o clock, and we can start a new life together. Or, you can throw the ticket away and we can say goodbye forever." He gave me a weak smile, turned and walked away. I watched him go, holding the ticket tight in my hand. What should I do? If I left, I was saying goodbye to my friends, my family, my whole life. But if I stayed, I was saying goodbye to Rich, and I didn't think I could do that. I sighed. I put the ticket in my bag and walked home. I was going to need some serious help from my friends.

When I got home, I rang Sasha. I knew that Caitlin would start talking about herself again, and to be honest, just for once I wanted to talk about me. She picked up straight away.

"Yello?" she said. I was laughing at her already. She should make me feel better.

"Hi, Sash," I said.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Rich asked me to move away with him," I said straight away, getting it out.

"Woah," she said. "What are you going to do?"

"I don't know, I need your advice."

"Well, I can't tell you what to do, babe. All I can tell you is that I'll be here for you, no matter what."

"Thanks, Sash," I said. I said goodbye and hung up. I dialled Georgia's number to tell her the news.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey, Gee," I said, before filling her in. She listened to the whole story, from finding out about the lies, to the bombshell about the tickets.

"I think you should go for it," she said.

"Really?" I said, dumbfounded.

"Yeah, I mean, only if you love him."

"I do," I said, almost whispering it.

"Well, try and picture your life without him, short and long term. Then you'll know what to do."

"Thanks, babe," I said. "Speak to you soon, okay?" We hung up, and I followed her advice. I pictured what my life would be like without Rich in it. In the short term, I would be upset, but still angry. But, I couldn't picture never see him again. I couldn't imagine living without him for the rest of my life. I looked at my ticket. I took a deep breath. Tomorrow was going to be a long day...

I know this chapters a bit short, but I needed to build it up for the next one, without going it away. The next one will be a bit longer xx comment/ vote/ fan please :)