Chapter 5

With Suicside, the ones left behind hurt the most. Theyve got to take on all the sadness and pain of the person who died. Ignoring the sadness and grief and dying anyway. Thats what suicide means, pain... Hawkpaw walked beside Echopaw, creeping in the dark. "Ok, lets take a few berrys and some supplies from the medicine cats den, then we can leave." Echopaw whispered. Silverpaw looked over at her. "Are you crazy?!" She whispered. She shook her head. "Ok Echopaw, you know im your best friend, and you know I would take a kill for you. But this is crazy! I told you I could get the buckets form one of the twolegs territorys, but I never agreed to stealing!" "Look, will you just help me get out of the territory!" She retorted. Silverpaw paused. "Fine." She replied. Echopaw haulted and looked back at Hawkpaw. "Ok, your time to shine. Go in there and grab as much as you can. And dont get caught!" He noded and ran into the den. He stuffed small twoleg bucket with berrys and supplies. He paused as the blind cat moved around in the dark. Oh no oh no oh no im busted! Im so busted! The cat curled up, hearing the male. He sighed quietly and picked up the two bucket, running out of the den. "Ok, we have the berrys and stuff, can we go now?" There was no responce from her. "Whats the extra basket for anyway?" Silverpaw asked quietly. Echopaw took the empty bucket and took off towards the fresh kill pile. "W-wait!" He whispered loudly. They took off after Echopaw, trying not to dump any suplies from the bucket. She stopped and put fresh kill into the bucket. "Wh-what are you doing?!" He yelled. "You can't take fresh kill from the pile! What if we get caught!" She turned sharply, "Be quiet or we WILL get caught!" she spat out and then continued filling. "Ok its full, lets go!" She yelled, spinning around and walking away. "Hahaha, funny. Where do you guys think your going?" Echopaws eyes widened and she slowly turned around. "Foxfang, I- i uhh.." "And what might you be doing with our hard earned fresh kill?" She looked at the bucket and looked back up at the grinning cat. "Now, now.. You dont want me to.. I dont know. Hurt you. Do you?" She stared at the bucket of prey, picking it up with her teeth and walked over to the cat. "Oh? And what about the others?" She looked back and frowned. She drew her claws up his throat and turned sharply, running away. "Grab the buckets!" Hawkpaw grabbed the other bucket and took off towards the border. "Hey get back here!" He took off after the quick cats. "Silverpaw! Mudpaw hold him off for me please!" They looked at eachother and noded, skidding to a halt. Silverpaw jumped into the air, landing on his back and drawing her claws up his chest. Foxfang grabbed her by the tail and slung her to the ground. Mudpaw's eyes filled with fear as Silverpaw lay there on the ground, the wind nocked from her lugs. She's the strongest female apprentice with us! And he struck her down withought even unsheathing a claw! He turned his head forward and continued running. "I can see the barbwire fence!" Echopaw yelled. "We can make it!" Foxfang got closer and closer to mudpaw, nearly a tail length away. Oh no oh no! What do I do?! He frowned angerly and wipped around, charging at the cat and clawing his cheek. "You'll pay for that mortal swipe!" Her drew his claws up mudpaws chest just deep enough to draw blood, but not kill. Mudpaw was flung into the air above Foxfang. Foxfang jumped up above him and clawed him, pushing him down to the ground. Mudpaw landed on his back, frozen with the compact and shock. Foxfang stared ahead, everyone almost out of sight. He took off towards the run away cats as fast as he could. I will NOT let them get away! Hawkpaw looked back, his eyes widening as the mud colored cat layed on his back completely stunned. "Echopaw we need to hurry!" Foxfang ran up behind them, almost a couple tail lengths away. "There it is!" Echopaw yelled. She slid under the barbwire fence, just barely making it through. Hawkpaw looked bahind him, Foxfang riding up on them. "Ahh!" Hawkpaw shreiked. He slid under the fence and ran away after Echopaw. Foxfang skid to a halt and looked at the small untrance of the barbwire. He got in a crouch and tried to crawl under the fence, but it was not possible. The barbwire clawed his back as he backed away and out from under the the sharp fence. He drew his claws on the ground with anger and walked away. "Well, their the twolegs problem now.