Chapter 2

As everyone headed away down the snowy slope to one side of the territory, Hawkpaw parted to the other side, avoiding eye contact with any cats. He hoped not to be seen as his cream colored pelt shuffed through the snow. He reached the end of the strech of land and sat down in the snow. He looked down the side of the ledge at a clearing. He got down on him stomach and crawled through some barbwire to the ledge of the cliff. He leaned against a tree, letting out a crisp warm breath. "I suck.. I cant stand, myself." His paws shook as a thought came over him. He shook it from his head and stood at the ledge. He looked up at the sky and looked at the view. He peered across the side to see a cat at the edge. Their eyes met and her eyes widened. "Hawkpaw--?" "Echopaw?" "Oh! Hang on ill be right over there! Ill come to you!" Hawkpaw stood there calmly as she crawled through the barbwire and ran over to my side. She crawled under the barbwire again and sat beside me. "Were you going to jump?" She asked quietly. He noded. "I guess that makes two of us." She noded. "Why were you going to jump?" She asked. "Like i'm going to tell you!" His fur bristled with anger. She looked at her paws smuthered in thorn cuts. "What would you really do if you had to die tomorrow?" He looked at the she-cat. "I would die today." There was a long pause before he continued. "I just have nothing else to live for.. I dont want to die." Tears streamed down his face, hitting the snowy surface. "I want to ride the clouds down to the earth before I die." she replied calmly. He sighed. "Give me your life!" She yelled, making him jump to his paws, his fur bristled. "W-what do you mean?" he asked. "Lets go die." He looked at her for a second and nodded. "Alright. I'm in."