Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

When we go back, Pete was still on the couch. He didn’t even notice we walked in, or is just ignoring us. He must’ve had a rougher night than I thought because he looked like the living dead. Rico and I started to get supper ready, making burgers. It took longer than it should have because Rico kept burning the patties and wouldn’t let me help. Finally we managed to make 10 burgers. That’s at least 3 for each of us. Rico already started chowing down so I go to tell Pete burgers are ready… he’s not on the couch??? That’s weird. I walk upstairs to find him lying on the floor with a smashed guitar beside him… and more beers. I walk closer to find his eyes closed. I check, and yup, still breathing.

“Sheesh man…” I murmur as I drag him to his bed and get him on it. Hearing a few groans, I put some quiet music on that I found on his dresser. It was good music even if it was just electric guitar and singing. Man I gotta find out what band this is!

"Turn that off.” I hear after half an hour of me listening to it and cleaning Pete’s room a bit.

“You don’t like it? I found it on your dresser so I thought I would listen to it.” I explained.

“Of course I like it! But I told you to turn it off!” Pete said irritated.

“Ok, ok!” I said raising my hands in surrender as I turned it off.

“What band is that?” I ask, not sure if I should’ve asked but did anyway.

“That’s me.” He said.

“Whoa! What? You play that good?” I asked shocked.

“Used to, haven’t much anymore.” He said as he gestured to his broken guitar.

“Why would you smash your guitar?” I ask, confused.

“Didn’t want to play anymore. I couldn’t find my melody one night so I just stopped… I felt as if my hands forgot how to play.” He said a little glumly.

“That’s too bad because you sounded awesome!” I say, rocking out on an air guitar. Pete looked happy, for the first time in a long time.

“Thanks.” He said, still chuckling a bit.

“Well, it’s a little late. I’m going to bed.” I explain as I start to head out the door.

“And I almost forgot, Rico made some burgers and I saved you the last ones that aren’t burnt. They are on the kitchen counter if you want them.” I add, and then sneak out the door. As I tried to fall asleep I hear quiet music playing. It was Pete’s music. Man, I wish that guy could still play, and still have a good guitar. Then I fell asleep.

AUTHORS NOTE: So, i uploaded more, YAY! hope you guys are enjoying it! Leave me comments to give me ideas for my next chapters! Toodle-loo! Keep Smiling :)