Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

All is quiet, as it is every night. Tonight there will be chaos. As Lance and I and the other guys wait quietly in their beds, Maddox had broken in (with the help of Milt) the security system to take down the alarms. When the coast was clear he would check the security cameras to make sure no guards were on tonight and if all was going well then he would flicker the lights to show we had to move quickly. Maddox said he can turn off the alarms for a little over 30 minutes and that should be enough time for all 578 soldiers to get out to the party. As me and Lance lay in bed, he tells me the quickest route outta here to make sure we don’t miss the 30 minute gap.

“So here’s how we do it. We get on the roof and then slide down the eavesdrops. From there we have to go around to the east side, we are on the west side, and run across the yard. After getting across the yard we have to find the gate. The gate will be closed because if the sergeant or any possible guards see the gate is open, there will be a lock down and we will be locked out of our room and be caught. The only reason to not open the gate and leave or get out of hiding is if the 30 minutes are up or while we are outside and the lights inside flicker. We will have to keep an eye on the lights inside and make sure they don’t flicker, so if one of us or someone in our group is in the move, the rest have to watch the ‘base’ and watch for lights. If we make it out of the military yards, we are home free and pretty much totally safe, and nothing is holding us back from getting to the party once we are out of the gates.” Lance tells me, as I hope I can remember all this, which I am pretty sure I can. I’ll remember to watch for lights, and if I forget were to go then I’ll just follow Lance and I’ll be good unless he gets outta sight. If so, then I’ll just abandon, I’m not even sure I want to go to this party anymore but I do like to sneak around if I am being honest.

“You get it? Ready?” Lance asked, I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was excited.

“Ready.” I say, giving him a half grin as I got butterflies, thinking about the plan and how crazy it was. Man I’m excited I thought to myself.