Chapter 16

• Dedicated to Justin S

Chapter 16:

“Get up Travis!” I hear Pete yelling in my ear, I open my eyes to find the light on and Pete shaking my bed. He’s all dressed in his hood and a pair of dark jeans and I can smell Rico making pancakes.

“What do you want from me?” I scream in morning voice but had a grin on my face, squinting in the sudden brightness, and throw my blanket over my head.

“Well, Mr. I’m-too-good-a-shooter-for-my-best-friend.” He said, badly faking hurt feelings.

“Don’t start getting cocky on us now Travis!” I hear Rico yell from down stairs before he mutters a swear, which I’m guessing means he burnt a pancake. I moan and finally get out of bed after Pete attempts to drag me out, after I hopped back in a few times he gave up and went downstairs to chow down.

“Aww, the princess awakens.” Rico says in fake admiration and blows a fake fan horn; as Pete claps and bows chuckling as if it was the funniest joke in the world. I roll my eyes and start at the stack of pancakes in front of me.

“Are yah ready for today’s activities?” Rico asks excited.

“What activities?” I ask, not wanting to know and finish eating.

“You are meeting the army… of this city.” He says, excited.

“WHAT?!?!?!” I yell spewing out the orange juice I was sipping. Pete laughing about the fact I almost spat orange juice on Rico

“Well, we thought since you are such a good shooter, you would want to help defeat the Grimm’s. We thought about your shooting abilities and called the army last night and we told them that we believe you are the only one who can kill off these Grimm’s.

“No way this was happening” I say, hoping it was just a dream as we walked up to the front of the military building.

Authors Note: Bet you didnt see that coming! well you probably did... but im so excited for Travis!!!!! have a awesome day lovleys!