The Truth Hurts

Throughout the rest of high school and even up until their graduation, Kayleigh and Dhea continued to enjoy each other sexually and romantically. They worked overtime to guard their sexual relationship and attraction for one another from their family and friends; Kayleigh more so than Dhea. Dhea didn't seem to see what the big deal was in hiding their relationship. Love has no gender, right?

"Why, Kay, why?!" Through clenched teeth, Dhea demanded an immediate explanation.

She grabbbed Kayleigh and pulled her in so close that their breasts made contact.

"For the last time, Dhea. I am not in love with you. What we had was a high school fling. It was fun while it lasted but now I met somebody that I want to start a new life with."

Dhea shut her eyes and shook her head, attempting to erase Kayleigh's words.

This can not be happening. This can not be fucking happening. Dhea thought repeatedly in her head.

"That's bullshit and you know it, Kayleigh. Two people can not be as intimate as we are and not catch feelings. It's not fucking possible!"

Unable to control the tears streaming down her cheeks, Dhea was convinced that she was losing her first lover forever.

"We are each others first, Dhea. There are other girls out there that would be lucky to have you." Kayleigh tried to reason with her.

"I don't care about any other girls, I only want you. Together we are one, my heart and pussy beats for you. I just want you."

"Damn it, Dhea! I don't fucking want you!" Kayleigh yelled at her.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Dhea screamed in shock. She was hurt by Kayleigh's annoyed response.

Kayleigh put her hand under Dhea's chin and forced her to look in her eyes. Dhea jerked her head back and let the tears free fall down her face.

Dhea couldn't believe her first love was denying what they once shared.

"The truth hurts, Dhea." Kayleigh said firmly.

"You know what, fuck you Kayleigh! Get the fuck out of my room. You're a stupid ass whore. You know that I fucking love you and would do just about anything for you but yet you leave me like this? You are so fucking caught up in labels and judgement that you're losing the best thing ever. I hate you and I don't ever want to see again, you fucking slut."

Kayleigh looked hurt by Dhea's words. Dhea didn't care though, she was hurting worse than Kayleigh.

In Dhea's mind, Kayleigh deserved everything she said.

Kayleigh whirled around and went out the door, slamming it behind her. She didn't want things to end on bad terms with Dhea because they had so many memories plus the sex was mind-blowing everytime. She was just tired of her mother nagging about her never dating and making jokes about her turning out to be a carpet muncher.

Kayleigh slid against the back of the door she slammed and started to cry because everything Dhea said hurt. Everything she said about Kayleigh was right. She wad stupid. She was a whore. She was losing the best thing that ever happened to her. Thinking about all that made Kayleigh cry even harder to the point where her head was throbbing.

She pulled out an Advil bottle and began to pour the pills in the palm of her hand. She poured some back in the bottle then back out again. Contemplating her next move.

Dhea sat in the same spot Kayleigh left her in staring into space. She hadn't stopped crying since Kayleigh left. She felt so miserable.She slowly got off the couch and headed towards the bathroom.

Dhea stared in the mirror in a daze. She didn't feel like she was in her body. She turned the bath water on and fully undressed herself.