iii.

In a frenzy, Willa found herself inaccessible inside the protection of her room and viscously slashed at the scratched wallpaper of the high fortifications, the animalistic senses buried deep inside of her seeping out as she fumed through a muddled mix of emotions. 

Her nails flew over the designs, the timeworn paper wilting against the pads of her fingertips while bits and pieces crumble to a fine dust, whirling around in a shape resembling one of a hurricane. 

Her actions carried on for mere minutes, disassembling the wallpaper from the tall walls before the canvases of the walls displayed a blank crème color. Willa went from one end of the room to another, discovering through her adrenaline rush that she had successfully uncovered an entire wall; a good length and width of a boring color stood in front of her as she curiously assessed her destruction. 

As her eyes meandered over the void partition, she sensed the racing of her heart deliberate to a minimum as she took in the slips of wallpaper now decorating the floor; the slivers slinking against each other and hissing lowly as she treaded over them. 

Her impassive eyes ambled over the bare barrage blatantly, for the sentiments which had fulminated inside of her mere moments ago had exuded out of her system with each gash that sounded from the wallpaper. Her eyes nourished off of the barrenness of the wall and her heart augmented involuntarily as a livelier white area darted off of the crème color, the dissimilarity beseeching her inquisitive eyes to come near. 

She approached the lofty wall, reaching out for the ominously brighter area before her fingers brushed against it sensitively. She tilted her matted head of blonde hair to the adjacent and indulged off of the complementary coarseness of the sunnier white from the homey crème. She ran her nails over the roughness, the hollow rigidity rumbling through her massive room as her nails itched alongside the consistency of the white. 

A gritty white powder began flowing off of the white and demolished against the pallor of her skin and resided intimately her nails as she continued to graze at the wall. Willa gaped at the dust for a while before glancing back at the white plaster. A smile festooned her features as she ran her knuckles over the thin layer of dressing, her expression not once vacillating as the unevenness scratched mercilessly at her tantalizing skin.

Inquisitiveness hastily conquered her sentiments as she stooped at eye level with the discrete dressing, pushing at the thin stratum with both arms, beaming as the paper thin superficial convulsed underneath her weight.

She pushed another time, this time barreling her right shoulder into the wall. The outcome was instantaneous; the plaster splintered, deteriorating apart and crumbling to smithereens as Willa tumbled through the newly unbolted passageway.

She instituted herself in an altered chamber looking up into a wholly dissimilar location as she sat upright and brushed her unembellished arms of the dust from the plaster’s residue. 

The area was somewhat smaller than hers and looked homier rather than decorative. There was a solitary bed, concealed in pale blues and reds while a lone desk watched out towards the window with the perfect sight of the extravagant neighborhood. 

Willa stood up, her sandal cladded feet fashioning an unambiguous ricochet through the heavy wood floor and recoiled off of the sparseness of the room. She stood entrenched in her spot as the divergent sound of substantial footsteps expressed from throughout the unacquainted grange. She curved her head, finding that the fortification in her bedroom was a sheer barrier from her grandmother’s mansion to her neighbor’s manor. 

Willa began to panic and vociferously scrambled over the rubble and reimbursed to her room. She sat on her flooring to the flank of the opening and apprehended her breath. The footsteps sounded again and she compulsorily grimaced at the intensity of the sound as it grew closer and closer than ever before.