Chapter 23 - Exams

(Ash)

Another month had gone by and now, it was finally time for the exams. I spent the last week doing no studying, so everything sat in the back of my mind. As soon as school started we had exams all day. They wanted to get all of the exams done quickly because we had started late.

It was soon lunch and the obvious topic of the day was exams.

"How easy was that math exam?" Iris was saying.

"Well that's easy for you to say" Gary moaned "I found it so hard"

"What about the english, huh?" Iris asked Gary.

"You know I have learning difficulties, of course it was hard"

"Hey guys, what's next?" I asked, looking around.

"Science" Cilan said before anyone could pull out their timetables. He had the whole thing memorized.

"Oh great" Misty instantly complained.

"We are all ready. We spent two months learning enough to pass inside out. We will nail this exam even though it is now 25% harder" Serena said in an effort to motivate us.

"I am still a little nervous" Dawn admitted, bringing a few murmurs of agreement.

"Positive minds bring out the best results" Seren said in reply.

"I am positive I can't pay the examiner to copy Cilan" Gary was clearly worried.

"You don't need Cilans work, you have your memory and your own work" May tried to show confidence.

"We can do it guys" Calem added. I smiled at there efforts, we all wanted to ensure that science was aced to make up for the science fair. The bell went shortly after. Everyone slowly made their way to the exam hall. Iris and Cilan had sped off to get their earlier.

We all lined up in order and waited to be let in. It took a few minutes to get in and before we knew it, we was all waiting with our pens ready to begin.

The examiner put her glasses on and checked the time "You may begin" She said. Everyone began turning pages and looking with 100% focus at the questions. The only sound in the room was the irritating clock ticking in the corner.

After what felt like a never ending hour and a half, we all left the exam hall with aching hands. I put my hands together and turned them in circles, cracking my wrists.

"That wasn't so bad" I admitted as we headed to our lockers.

Serena grabbed my hand and smiled "I told you all it wouldn't be that bad"

"Yeah, you was right" Drew arched his back and stretched "It was pretty easy"

"It felt easy to me" Gary sounded happy with himself.

"For once, science was actually easy" Misty was just as pleased.

"It felt too easy, almost as if they made it easier to pass" Cilan said curiously.

"There is no point in wondering, Sherlock. It's done now" I pointed out to Cilan, who nodded.

"Yeah, I just gotta feeling, that's all"

Once I got to my locker I dumped all of my books in and shut it again.

"Say, Drew. Fancy shooting some hoops for a few before we go home?" I asked, pulling out my basketball.

"Sure, I need to unwind after today anyway" He followed me outside "Go centre court, it's the best one"

We headed to the middle court just as the others joined us.

"Today has been rough, only a few more exams, heh" Calem sat by the edge of the court and relaxed.

"I need a holiday" Dawn moaned.

"Tell me about it" The other girls said in unison.

"Guess they don't like the exams" Gary said with a grin as he threw the basketball at the hoop.

"Last time I checked bark for brains, you didn't like the exams" Cilan looked confused as Gary smiled.

"A man can change his mind" He said with sheer confidence.

"News flash" Drew jumped infront of Gary "You're not a man"

Kenny grinned as he retrieved the ball. He passed it to me.

"Well, one things for sure. If we pass our exams this year, our senior year gets easier and we have a peaceful summer" I bounced the ball between my left hand and right, before passing it to Cilan.

"You can say that again" He said as he shot. The ball swished through the hoop and bounced against the ground.

"What's next on the exam list, Cilan?" Calem wondered, getting up.

"There are a variety. Drama, music, art, wood" Cilan stopped, so I assumed they were the only ones. I had drama and I was nervous. Studying how to write about drams was hard, but I was ready.

(Serena)

While the boys were busy, Dawn was speaking to me about Ash.

"What will you do next year if you end up going to different colleges?" She asked me. I frowned at her.

"I don't want to think about that right now. In all honesty I have no idea. But, I do know that isn't for another year so we are going to try our best" I replied, smiling confidently.

"That's what I like to hear, Serena. I hope we can go to the same college too" Dawn admitted and I nodded.

"I can't leave my bff behind" I admitted, with a giggle.

"Well, you're right about having another year. So, lets give it our all!"

"Right!" I nodded witb determination, fueled by the idea of passing everything next year and going to the same college as Ash. The future lookex perfect.