Scene 1-3

Batman & Batgirl

Mourning

"Mourning is defined as the expression of sorrow for someone's death, it cannot be defined further due to humanities individuality, meaning, we all have our own ways of grieving..."- Displayed over Batman carrying Jason's lifeless body.

(Scene 1: Batman is in disbelief having just returned from the warehouse where he recovered Jason Todd's deceased body)

Batman: What could I have done differently?

Alfred: Nothing sir, you could not have stopped the Joker from doing what he has done; it was out of your control.

Batman: Jason trusted me Alfred! He expected me to save him, even you did! And I failed.

(Scene 1: Part 2: Bruce removes the cowl to show his distraught face; he then leaves the cave, keeping Jason's body in the cave for Alfred to set preparations for a funeral service that night.)

Alfred: Why did he do this to you Jason? Why are there such sick individuals in our midst?

(Scene 2: Bruce is in the main lounge of Wayne Manor, distraught and in tears.)

Bruce: How can I continue as Batman? I can't protect my friends, Jason was like a son to me and I let him die.

*Door to lounge opens revealing Alfred who appears in a rush.*

Alfred: Master Bruce...I'm not sure whether I should tell you this but that gang of rogue thugs that call themselves the 'Jokerz' have just taken the local theatre hostage, should I request the assistance of Master Dick in Bludhaven?

Bruce: I don't need help Alfred, I can handle this on my own. Those Jokerz chose the wrong night to mess with my city.

(Scene 3: Bruce rushes to the cave and dons the cowl.)

Bruce: If I stop these thugs maybe they can give me leads on the whereabouts of the Joker.

Alfred: I don't think it is in your best interests to go after the Joker tonight master Bruce.

*Bruce approaches Alfred having just put on the cowl with a look of anger in his eyes.*

Batman: Jason Todd was like a son to me Alfred, I will not let that psychopath get away with killing him, tonight the Joker will get a taste of some vengeance.