♔ the commoner, agitated

In a blink of an eye, she was gone.

It happened far too fast and far too quick, 

much like what happened with you.

It's stupid and unfair,

much like it always is.

Death was an inevitable thing. Even for the immortal, because really, some time in their lives they were either going to be slaughtered by their own kind or someone stronger then them, or kill themselves from absolute boredom. 

The weak are left to die, while the strong survive. 

I closed my eyes for a brief second before reopening them. The night had blurred by me as though it never truly happened, as though she never truly died. It was the day we would celebrate her death. Remember her for who she truly was. 

The woman who had taken me in, taught me how to read and write, introduced me to countless nobles, treated me as her equal, and loved me unconditionally. 

"Lady Nobara," Her voice was quiet, slightly above a whisper as she stuck her head through the small crack in the door. "Madam Red's funeral is going to start in a few hours, Lord Phantomhive is here to see you." 

Glancing her way, she shot me a small smile as I ushered her inside. "I can't meet the Earl looking like this can I?" I mumbled, swinging my legs to the side of the bed, sitting upright. 

The maid quickly darted towards the wardrobe in the corner, looking through my dresses one by one. She picked out a simple black one as I frowned. "Does this one please you?" She asked, holding the gown up in my direction. 

"The white one." I said, "I'll wear the all-white one." 

"With all due respect," She started, her eyebrows knitting together, "You're attending a funeral." 

I shook my head, walking towards her. Taking the gown from her hands, I placed it back into the wardrobe. The maid bit her lip, her eyes narrowing towards me as she stood there silently. 

I picked out the white gown, laid it on the unmade bed, before turning towards her. "Just do up the corset." 

Usually I would put up a fight in wearing a corset. But right now, I welcomed the pain that came along with the death contraption. Maybe the physical pain would take away some of the mental pain. Plus, I wanted to look good for Madam Red's big day. 

"All done." She mumbled, tying the last knot as she took a step back. I simply nodded my head, watching her collect the dress and slip it over my head. With a tug, my arms and head slipped through their designated holes as she tied the red sash around my hips. 

Her skilled fingers created a rose-like knot on my left hip. I raised an eyebrow towards her as she looked down at her feet. "For Madam Red." She mumbled, fiddling with her fingers. 

I shook my head while heading towards my bedroom door. "You and the other's can have the day off today." And with that I turned the corner, disappearing from view. 

As soon as I entered the parlor, Ciel lifted his gaze off of the sketch lying on the table and placed the cup of tea on the table beside the sketch. We made no movement as I quickly looked over at the butler standing not too far from his master. 

"Is it to your liking?" I asked, taking a seat across from him. 

Ciel looked up at me, his gaze pinning me down. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat before sighing. "What else have you come for?" I asked impatiently, narrowing my eyes into a glare.