Walk Away

1 week later
Everything was going right. Maura and Jane had began a new friendship even if Maura still felt sad every time she talked to Jane about the old stuff that Maura knew already about her. But having a bit is better than having nothing.
Maura looked at the dead girl's body once more before she undress the lab coat. They didn't found the killer but the new analyses may show something. One week since the case began and Maura couldn't stop thinking about that body on her table.
She left the Medical Examiner Office and she walked to her car. After the long day she just wanted to rest and take a nap.
On the other side, Jane Rizzoli didn't wanted to leave BPD. C'mon the girl didn't killed herself. I need to find that killer, I need to bring peace to that family, she kept saying this to herself. She closed her eyes for a second, she needed to rest, to stop.

She woke up and she couldn't stop thinking about the fact that her best friend was in jail. She slept like 2 hours but she felt like a truck hit her. They had already proved that Maura Isles was innocent but until she was released anything could happen.
She dress something and went to BPD. She took the elevator and Korsak was sitting in his chair.
"Hey Jane. Oh you didn't sleep a lot right?"
"I couldn't stop thinking about Maura. I hope nothing happened again"
"She is coming home today, she is okay"
"I hope so. God I missed her here. This place is not the same without her"
"I can't support Popov, I'm tired of him"
"Ask him for something to drink"
"You are so funny Jane Rizzoli, so funny"
Jane's phone starts to ring.
"Rizzoli"
She was downstairs. Jane run all the stairs and waited for her. Everyone was here. They all wanted her back. Then she appears and Jane feels like if someone took a heavy thing from her shoulders. She was fine, she was here.
"You know how to make an entrance"
"I through about wearing my prison clothes."
"Oh Maura, you can hear them tomorrow"
And then they hugged. After 48 hours here she was again, safe without any wound.
"I missed you Maura. I'm so glad you are okay"
"I missed you too. I'm so glad you didn't gave up on me. You proved that I was really innocent. Thanks Jane."

Jane woke up and she was confused. How could Maura be in jail or ever been in jail? She would remember no? How could she remember something that never happened? Was she getting crazy about her best friend death? She decided to kept that to herself. Maybe she was just getting crazy or maybe she has PTSD.

Meanwhile, Maura entered in her house. She saw everything in her kitchen being prepared for a dinner.
"Oh Arizona. So sweet"
She entered her living room but Arizona was no there. The island was empty of people.
"Arizona?"
Maura called her name and no one answers back. Did Arizona leave the house?
She remembered that the front door was unlocked. That's a bad when a killer, a thief is inside your house.
"Arizona, are you here?"
Then she heard someone crying. That come from the bathroom. Maura was afraid, she needed Jane but she couldn't help her right now. Really slowly Maura opened the door.
Arizona Robbins was laying on the floor. Around her some blood from her wrists and from her hand. That looked like she was cutting. Her wrists looked really bad and Maura began to cry.
"Arizona..."
"I'm so sorry Maura. I know I suck"
Maura just sited next to Arizona and hold her wrists. The wounds looked really ugly. She took some bandages and she started to disinfected all the wounds. Arizona started to cry with pain and Maura hold her hand.
"I know it hurts but you have to hold on. I can't let you die with infection and I can't lose you right now. I don't have anyone else, you are the only person I can trust so hold on"
Arizona said yes with her head and Maura continued to disinfect all. Then she covered her wounds with the bandages carefully and she helped Arizona getting up. She took her to the couch and Maura took everything to the garbage that Arizona was preparing for dinner. She gave Arizona some food and she watched her eating.
"Maura you didn't said a word in hours"
"What do you want me to say?"
"I'm sorry"
Maura didn't answered. She took her cellphone and she sent a message to Jane asking if she could come to her house. She regretted the moment she sent the message. But Jane answers her saying "yes sure. 10 minutes".
"Eat something Maura. I'm going to get some sleep. Thanks for taking care of me..."
Arizona kissed Maura forehead and Maura just hugged her. Then she started to cry again.
"How could you do this to me? Is it because of Callie? I could have lost you Arizona and I need you so much and I can't just lose you, not right now"
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Maura"
"Go and rest and don't even try to do that again"
Arizona left the living room and Maura went to the bathroom. She needed to clean that floor. Then the bell rings and she opens the door.
"Jane, thanks for coming"
"Are you okay Maura?"
Maura walked to the bathroom and started to clean again. Jane followed her.
"What happened here? This looks like the urgency from the hospital!"
Maura didn't answered and Jane didn't asked anything more. She just helped Maura cleaning the floor and making that damn blood disappear.
When they finished Maura went to the garbage and put everything on the trash.
"Do you want some tea Jane?
"No thanks"
"Thanks, for helping me."
"Anytime. What happened? Or you don't wanna talk about that right now and tomorrow you will tell me when I ask you at the morgue?"
"Second option."
"Okay... you look really sad Maura"
"I know. I can't control it. Why is this happening?"
"Hey, you are the dumbest genius I know. You have an answer."
Maura looked at Jane really surprised.
"What did you call me?"
Jane was distracted with Maura's couch and all of that living room.
"Sorry I was distracted. What did you said?"
"What did you call me?"
"Maura like always"
"Oh"
Jane looked to the couch again and then to Maura. Could it be possible? No... she was death, she had visited her grave today!
"Maura, do you want an hug? It may help you..."
"It won't help."
"Can I try. Maybe it works this time."
"Okay"
Then Jane just hugged Maura and kissed her forehead.
"Everything is gonna be okay"

That night, when Jane entered in her apartment she just sit in her couch. How could she know here the ME lived if she never went to her house? How could she know the road so good?

"Maura stop thinking about that."
"I'm just trying to process the worst day of my life"
"C'mon you couldn't have know"
"I should have know Jane"
"Just eat something."
Maura said no with her head and Jane sit next to her
"Could you two do anything else to live?"
"I wanted to be a ballerina"
Angela laughed and Maura looked surprised.
"And you were so good at the fouette"
"And then I wanted to play ice hockey"
We all laughed and for a moment Maura smiled to Jane and said thank you without you making any sound. And Jane just hugged her

Another memory, how could that be even possible. Maybe Jane Rizzoli should move to another city and forget the past. Start again...
The next day Maura went to work still really sad about what happened. She entered the office and said hi to Susie and the others employees. Then she pick the phone and she called to an hospital.
"Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, how can I help you?"
"Hi I'm Doctor Maura Isles, the Chief of Medical Examiner of Commonwealth of Massachusetts and I would like to talk to Doctor Torres."
"Is there any problem Doctor Isles?"
"No, I just want to talk to Doctor Torres"
"Of course, I'm going to call her"
Maura waited, she needed to do this.

Hello guys, thanks to all of you who read this. I'm so happy so many views. Please comment and vote feedback is important.
I just want to tell that Maura and Jane are not going to date, sorry but I want to make the story different. So don't stay mad the story is going to be interesting. Please comment
Love you all