Chapter 15: the twilight rush

author note
Thank you so much for 5k reads strawberries. I love each and everyone of you so much. Writing for you is so much fun. I am determined to make this the best pipercy book. Not only for me but for you guys, the readers. I want you to enjoy every moment off it. 🍓

Piper was woken by a loud banging at the door. She struggled free of Percy's grasp. She yawned and rubbed her eyes sluggishly. She went to the door once she wrapped her robe around her "hello?" She asks annoyed and fatigued.

Annabeth was standing at the door wearing armour with her sword in sheath. She decided to use a sword ever since she lost her dagger as it fell into Tartarus. The blade was different, it was jagged up the side of the blade, causing more pain on impact. She called it Oblivion. "Come on we have a quest to do!" She said energy coursing rough her veins.

"But it's like 3am!" She complained leaning against the door frame. "Do we have to go so soon?" She yawned covering her mouth.

"Wow. You and Percy are perfect for each other" she snorted. "Be ready in thirty minutes. Jason and I will bring you guys breakfast" with that she shot of to the Zeus cabin.

"Kelp face!" She groaned as she closed the door. There was no movement in Percy's dream state. "PERSEUS JACKSON WAKE UP!" She yells. There was just a groan indicating he was awake but still no movement. She grinned and pulled the blankets from his body. "I'm going to get Nico to see this" she giggled. He jumped up, his face red with with embarrassment and anger.

"Good morning honey " she grins and dives into his arms. "What time is it?" He asks throwing his head back yawning.

"Around 3am" she yawns "we have to leave for the quest soon. Do you have our bags packed?" She drops her robe grinning from cheek to cheek. "Y-y-yeah" he examines her body the last chance he will get to see it for a while.

She catches his stares and puts on matching lingerie teasingly. She throws on a pair of leggings and a camp half blood shirt. He throws on a pair of boxers and jeans. He slips into a camp half blood shirt and grabs camp hoodies Grover made for him and Annabeth a while back. "Here" he hands piper a hoodie. She puts it on and hugs herself "I love it" she puts her hood up. Percy puts his on "let's rock" he hands her a bag. She takes it and heads to the door.

Percy grabs riptide and hands piper her dagger. She grabs a sheath and puts it around her waist, then slips the dagger in. They lace their fingers and head to the big house.

Annabeth eyes Percy and Piper as they walk in. "Hey guys" Percy smiles "hey wise girl" he grins.

Both the girls frown at him. "What?" He demands. They both sigh and shake their heads. Piper sits beside Annabeth and Percy stands behind her with his arms around her softly. Annabeth scoffs and waits for Jason, to pass time she looks around.

Jason comes in with two plates of beans and toasts. He sets one in front of Piper and another to her side for Percy. He comes back with two more, one for him and one for Annabeth. He sits beside a loving Annabeth who praises him with a soft kiss on the cheek.

Piper pulls Percy down beside her and forces him to eat. After a while of silence Percy pipes up "How come you gave armour?" He smirks, being his persassy self. (Couldn't stop myself) "well seaweed brain" she starts "Last time in the Labyrinth we came across a bunch of traps so I am prepared " she grinned, hoping to avoids mention of their first kiss. "I have a better plan, wisegirl" he keeps a smirk plastered on his face.

"I'll believe it when I see it" Jason scoffs. Percy stood in defence, his chair fell with the momentum. "Oh really, lightning boy? Well let's go then" he headed to the door, dragging Piper who barely had time to finish her breakfast. "Let me relaxxx" Piper complains. Percy scoops Piper into his arms "better?" He asks. She nods and rests her head against his chest with a soft sleepy smile.

Percy storms outside pacing rapidly. Jason and Annabeth sigh at the couple and decide to follow in a slight jog. Percy leads them to a cave, which beholds a red haired maiden. Rachel. "Hey Rachel" he smiles "ready to go?" She nods with a smile "yeah, 'bout time"

Annabeths jaw hangs "So this is your little plan, huh?" Annabeth throws her armour to the side. "Looks like I had a better plan than a Daughter of Athena" he smirks and sets Piper down, she leans on his chest and grabs his arms putting them around her tummy.

"Awee you guys are you cute!" Rachel squeals, with a soft giggle. Annabeth and Jason both frown. "Let's go" Jason says leading Annabeth, holding her hand. The other three follow, Piper still resting on Percy.

Once they get to the top Labyrinth they all look down. A chill goes up their spine. Their eyes land on a sea of skeletons multiplying.