10 - Dinner

Friendly disclaimer that most details about the Murasakibara family is not canon. The details about their physical appearances, whereabouts, personalities, and their house is my idea and is subject to debate. More details of my ideas and the disclaimer will be placed at the Author's Note below.

Enjoy the Murasakibara love!

---

CHAPTER TEN – Dinner

"Wine is okay, but we're underage."

"I didn't tell you that it was for us."

Himuro and Ayano were the only prominent sounds inside the mart, besides the soft jazz playing in the background. One hour from now, they are going to Murasakibara's house in Tokyo to have dinner with him and his family. They figured that they should bring something to give to his family.

"How about we get some cake?" Ayano suggests, seeing the cake mix at the bottom shelves.

"Atsushi is a great baker. I bet that they'll make one tonight," Himuro replies, receiving a frown from the brunette.

Ultimately, they went against the idea of bringing anything that is food.

"How about flowers?" Himuro suggests.

"That sounds boring..." Ayano complains, the two of them simply shopping for themselves, especially as they are to leave tomorrow. "Besides, there are a lot of problems there – we need to find out what type of flowers to get, it wilts easily, and we don't even know if one of them has allergies."

---

The doorbell to the Murasakibaras has been rung. A purple-haired giant comes up to the front door to invite the two over.

"Hey," Ayano greeted.

Ultimately, they settled with flowers. Himuro carries cut white roses and purple irises, arranged in a glass vase.

"You're too early," Murasakibara stated, taking the bouquet with him and going to the house's living room, with his two friends following suite.

"My mother and older are in the kitchen, and my older brothers will be joining shortly," Murasakibara says as they reached the living room. The two sit as they watch their host go out of the room, bending a bit to prevent from hitting the top wall. "We'll call you when it's ready." And with that motion, he is gone as fast as he came in.

Ayano looks around the room – it definitely belongs to a traditional Japanese home. The kotatsu table is at the center of the room, and there is not much furniture present. A huge flat-screen TV rests a few meters in front of them, and the two cabinets present in the room held framed pictures of the Murasakibara family. The walls adorned pictures of the siblings, mostly Atsushi.

This is something that the two do not see every day. It is a given that Himuro has a little grasp of Japanese culture, as he lived most of his life in Los Angeles. Ayano may have stayed longer in Japan than Himuro, but she hasn't completely taken in the entire Japanese culture. This is her first time actually going to a typical Japanese home. Her previous apartment, as well as her dorm room at Yosen, is stylized to Western architecture.

"Scared?" Himuro immediately asks, followed by a short chuckle.

She jostles him slightly. "Why would I be nervous about dinner?" she asks, shooting a look to the raven-haired male.

"Just relax," he assures.

"I don't need to relax. I am already relaxed." Ayano crosses her arms.