Birthday

Dylan smiles sadly at his boyfriend through the computer screen.

"I'm so sorry I can't see you on your birthday Dyl." Thomas sighs.

"It's fine Thomas. I understand that you have to film." Even if he understands Dylan is still deeply sad that he can't see his love on his birthday, he is having a party with his friends but it won't be the same without Thomas. His boyfriend can't even skype tomorrow because of his busy schedule.

Thomas had to leave for twenty four straight days to film in London and though it seems he's been gone an eternity, he still has seventeen days left to go. Dylan always misses him when he's gone but this time it's different, he doesn't want to celebrate his birthday without his three-year-long boyfriend.

"I really miss you Dylan." Thomas sighs again and stares seemingly into his eyes through the screen, thousands of miles away in a completely different timezone.

"I miss you too Thomas," Dylan murmurs, a sad feeling spilling into his stomach. When Thomas leaves Dylan feels so alone, he likes to spend time with Thomas and when he's gone for so long Dylan becomes very anxious.

"I love you Dyl," Thomas says softly.

"I love you too..." He trails off.

The boys stay in a peaceful quiet for a lingering moment before Thomas shifts around on his hotel bed and huffs.

"I'm really sorry babe, but it's like one thirty here and I'm exhausted." Frowning Thomas moves his laptop away from him as he stretches his arms above his head and rubs his eyes, the hem of his shirt riding up his torso before slumping back down to his waist.

"No it's okay, you should sleep Thomas," Dylan tells the other. "I'll talk to you soon."

"Okay love...have a good birthday okay? I'll see you soon."

"Okay," Dylan says quietly, not wanting to hang up he waits for Thomas to disconnect their skype call.

Shutting down his laptop and closing the top Dylan lets out and exaggerated sigh and lays down on his back, curling into a ball on Thomas's side of the bed. When his boyfriend leaves Dylan likes to sleep on the side of the mattress where Thomas always lays, it brings him a feeling of comfort and security.

He was wearing one of Thomas's shirts that was bigger on his boyfriend but fits Dylan quite well. Pulling a blanket up and over his body Dylan sighs and tries to keep his eyes closed and not think about the next sixteen days and seventeen nights without Thomas beside him.

*

After finishing their filming of Teen Wolf for the day Dylan, Tyler, Little Dylan, Holland and some of Dylan's older friends and some of Tyler's friends all head to Dylan's party that his friend had planned.

Everybody is dancing and laughing and having fun with the loud music playing while Dylan sits at a table with Tyler, sipping on a solo cup of just water.

"Dude perk up! It's your birthday have fun!" Tyler shouts, clapping his friend on the back.

"Yeah yeah I know. I'm having fun," Dylan mutters, looking around the room and sighing. It is a fun party but a sadness clouds his mind knowing that Thomas can't be here and he can't skype Dylan tonight afterwards.

"I know you're sad about Thomas but at least try to have some fun c'mon!" Tyler tells him over the music before standing and saying he's going to get another beer.

Everybody knows that when Thomas has to leave Dylan is going to be quieter and calmer and all over less happy. It's not like he's a total dud but he's at his best when he is with Thomas.