Ch4: There's Always a Catch, Right?

Chapter 4: There's Always a Catch, Right?

Gwen's P.O.V

I shuffled on the spot , pulling my jacket tighter around my body as another gust of wind blew past me. I was waiting for Harry outside the hospital watching the cars drive past. The sky was still bright blue and the sun was still shining even though it was close to freezing , for only around 3.30 in the after noon.

"Hey" a voice startled me from behind. I spun around to face who I was assuming is the person I've been waiting for.

"Hello" I smiled as he smiled back , dimples peaking out ever so slightly.

"Have you been waiting long ?" He asked raising both his eyebrows as he scratched his cheek.

"No , only like 5 minutes" I replied , stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"Good" he chuckled quite awkwardly. Okay. I wasn't an awkward person but right about now I was feeling as if I were. So being me I tried to break through the awkwardness of us just standing there smiling at each other by raising my eye brows and smiling wider in a humorous fashion.

"Do you want to go for a walk or should we just stand here for a few hours?" I laughed. Harry smiled wider and agreed with a chuckle. We walked through the busy streets of London chatting. Harry told me about where he grew up and about his family while I told him stories of when I was younger. I had to admit he really was a flirt , never missing a opening for a cheeky comment. But he was also quite interesting, adding humour into conversations is something I always liked.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I don't know they just think Louis and I are gay! We aren't though! I can assure you that!" Harry protested to me as we walked through a quiet park. The lush green grass danced as the wind blew through the trees, creating a calming rustling sound.

"Yeah, okay okay whatever you say Harold." I laughed. Ever since Harry had mentioned that his real birth name was Harold I insisted that I'd call him that from now on. Come on Harold has to be the cutest name ever! But as I had insisted on calling him that , he had insisted on calling me Gwenevere. Which wasn't even my name!

"So are you at university? Or what are you doing for a job now?" Harry asked as we followed the concrete path through the forest like park.

"No. Well I'm hoping to go to uni later on. But I decided to hold it off for a year or too just to be around my mother and decide what a want to do. But as of now I'm working a clothing store. It's not much but I'm trying to get another job as well but I haven't had any luck looking so far." I explained. We slowed down as we approached a park bench , taking a seat next to each other.

"Oh yeah that's cool. So do you have any idea what you want to do yet?" He asked turning his head to look at me.

"No, not a clue." I sighed looking straight ahead. Harry crossed his arms over his chest , slouching a little on the seat. "We'll what are you good at?"

I laughed. What am I good at? "Not a clue." I shook my head looking at him.

"We'll think about this later" he smiled , licking his lips. So there's going to be a later ?

A short period of silence pasted , I took a few sneaky glances at Harry trying to get away with it with out him noticing. His eyebrows were knitted together and he seemed to be biting his lip. I wonder what he was thinking about?I thought. Until my question answered.

"Gwen?" He questioned turning to look at me.

"Hhhm?"

"Um do you mind if I ask , why is your mother in hospital?" He asked , his eyes were squinted slightly. They looked pleading. Or maybe it was pity. I couldn't tell. I knew this was coming , but I was caught off guard. I mean , it's not like its an major sad or offensive subject , I'm not just going to break down crying right there. It's just that I'd rather avoid talking about the bad things in life. I don't know.