Party Love

N.Y. Sparx Night Club

9:55 p.m.

     Adrienne and Raheem made their way toward the front entrance of the infamous night club in Los Angeles. A long line of people stood outside in the cool air, awaiting their admission as the bouncer stopped anyone from going in. Adrienne knew that if she was alone or came with someone else, besides Raheem, she would have been at the end of that line. But, fortunately, she was skipping with the best of them.

       A group of girls, wearing skimpy shirts and dresses, walked ahead of them, reaching the bouncer. Adrienne noticed the “head” girl—a tall, beautiful brunette—rested her hand on the bouncer’s shoulder and whispered something in his ear. The bouncer smiled and nodded accordingly as the girl slipped a one hundred dollar bill in his front pocket. The brunette backed away, letting the bouncer unhook the red rope and allowed the group of girls to walk in the club.

         “Why do rich people get away with everything?” asked Adrienne in a surprising annoyed tone.

            “Because we’re rich.”  Raheem chuckled, reaching in his wallet for his ID. “Did you remember to get your fake ID?”

            Adrienne searched in her purse then flashed the laminated card in his face.

“I never leave home without it.”

      Raheem smirked. “Good girl, I knew I raised you right.”

Adrienne just chuckled as they made their way toward the bouncer.

      “Hey, Miguel,” Raheem replied, now in front of the red rope, “pretty packed tonight, huh?”

      Miguel nodded and said in a deep, raspy voice, “You two have ID?”

Adrienne and Raheem showed Miguel their ID, and he gave them a sign of approval. The bouncer removed the red rope, but put a large hand on Raheem’s chest, blocking his entrance before he could even move.

     “Would you like to make a little donation to the Bouncer Society?”

Raheem knew there was no such thing as a “Bouncer Society”, but he also knew that Miguel was looking for a tip. He pulled out a fifty dollar bill and handed it to him. Miguel quickly stuffed the money in his pocket and tended to the next people in line—like nothing had happened.

      Once inside, loud music greeted the both of them. “Hey, Baby” by Pitbull and T-pain was blaring through the speakers. The crowed seemed to be really into, grinding against each other and singing along.

            Hey baby girl what you doing tonight?

     I wanna see what you got in store (hey, hey baby)

     You’re giving it your all when you’re dancing on me

     I want to see if you can give me some more (hey, hey baby)

     You can be my girl, I can be your man

    And we can pump this jam however you want (hey, hey baby)

    Pump it from the side, pump it upside down

    Or we can pump it from the back and the front (hey, hey baby)

          Oooh baby, baby lalalalala