Love Confusion

6:46 p.m.

 Raheem’s house

      Raheem pulled up in the driveway after a hectic day with Ms. Sheffield  and Aturi Wang’s people. They had gotten a lot done in just a few hours, and he was more than excited to see the finished product. Everything was set: the photos they picked were all perfect; he had all his lines down, and had absolutely gorgeous girl was his partner. Things were going better than he expected.

            Standing at the front door, he pulled out the house keys and unlocked the door. he set the keys down on the marble table in the foyer and made his way to the kitchen. On his way there, he heard multiple voices coming from below him.

          Adrienne must be  down in the Home Theater.

Raheem took a detour and went to the theater. He found her sitting on the fifth row, watching a chick flick, with a carton of Ben & Jerry’s Ice-cream in her lap.

       “Hey,” Raheem replied, taking a seat beside Adrienne. He grabbed the spoon out of her hand, dipped it into the carton, and got a spoonful of ice-cream.

        “I thought I heard you come in. How did the meeting go?”

Raheem took another scoop before answering. “It went terrific! Everything was perfect, and I think the agency really likes me.”

       Adrienne smiled widely and gave Raheem a big hug.

“I knew they would love you! Who doesn’t love you?”

       Raheem held onto her tightly—not wanting to break away from the hug. She smelled sweetly of  vanilla and he found it intoxicating. Her long, black hair cascaded over Raheem’s hands and down her back. It was softer than a new cotton linen sheet and smoother than anything he had ever felt.

          Adrienne tried to pull away from his tight grasp, but he held on tighter. She thought about snatching herself away, but no girl in her right mind would try that with Raheem. Adrienne stayed in his warm presence for a few more seconds before he finally released her.

         “Umm….so how was your day? Did you enjoy the breakfast I made for you?”

    Adrienne gasped, “Wait, you made that breakfast?” Her mouth began to water, once again, at the memory of the most delicious food she had ever eaten.

     “Yea,” Raheem replied, chuckling, “why is that so surprising to you? Maja taught me how to cook when I was ten years old. She always let me help out in the kitchen.”

         Adrienne never knew Raheem could cook. She found that fact both charming and sexy.

       “So, how come you’ve never cooked for me before?”

Raheem pondered with the question before answering. Truth be told; he never really thought much of it before. Cooking for someone just wasn’t all that big of a deal—he just wanted to make Adrienne feel at home. “Well, I guess I never had the opportunity.”

        I’ve never had the feelings to cook for you before. He thought but would never dare say aloud.

     Adrienne smile. “Well, it was amazing! You made all my favorites.”

He was glad that she appreciated his hard work. The fact that she was so grateful for everything he had done for her turned him on so much, and even in just a t-shirt and shorts, she was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on. It hurt to know that no matter how much he wanted her—it was just wrong.