The Art of Letting Go

Letting go? 

People usually says that letting go is hard.

They say that letting go of someone who doesn't love you anymore/back, is like jumping off the tallest building you could have imagine. 

After falling, you will be hitted by a 20 wheeler truck for hundred, thousand, million times or for who knows how many times it would be. Yet, unfortunately, you're still alive and kicking.

Is it really that hard? Well, technically, yes. I know, many of us here, have already felt that feeling. 

Sometimes it comes to a point that you'll even change everything about you. You'll change your looks, the way you dress, the way you speak, the way you talk to others. You'll even change your personality. Well, sometimes, people do this for them to be better but, mostly, they're doing this for them to be even with those who hurted them. 

"Para kwits."

You'll be back with revenge. Make him/her suffer. Make them fall out off their knees.

Anong mapapala mo sa paghihiganti? Will it erase the fact that they dont love you anymore? That they really dont see you the way you see them?

Hey you. Yes, ikaw na nagbabasa neto. 

Come to think of it,  magbabago ka para maghiganti, sisiguraduhin mong ibabalik mo yung sakit na naramdaman mo, and the cycle goes. Eh bakit kaya hindi ka nalang magbago para sa susunod na mahaharap ka ulit sa ganong sitwasyon eh, kaya mo na? Magbago ka, para sa sarili mo, hindi para sa taong nanakit sayo.

You know, you can't always keep the ones you love especially when they are not happy anymore. If they dont feel the same way. If they fell out of love. It is just like keeping a bunch of butterflies on a jar with small holes.

Oo nga't nakakahinga sila. Pero sa tingin mo sapat ba yung mga butas na yun? The mere fact that you are taking away their FREEDOM and HAPPINESS. 

That's selfishness right? 

So, Earn all your strength and courage and start Opening up your heart and mind. Accept reality. 

Take away all those things na makakapagpaalala sayo. If you want to let him/her go, start with the memories. Get rid of those couple photos, love letters or whatsoever. But--Dont throw the memories away, instead, put it on a box. At pag dumating yung araw na kaya mo na ulit yun buksan at tignan ng walang sama ng loob, o kahit ano mang bakas ng sakit, edi Very Good.

Instead of locking yourself in your room and let your life be wasted, why dont you get productive? Go out of your room, and find some work that will keep you busy, like cooking, baking, do a room make over, go shopping!

Bond with your friends. Have a slumber party, go to a spa and enjoy your time with them. 

Have a quality time with your family. Go to a vacation with them. Trust me, you'll realize na andaming nagmamahal sayo.

And last but not the least, pamper yourself. Magpaganda/magpagwapo ka, magpasexy/magpa-macho ka, magpaputi. Not for him/her but for YOURSELF. Always remind yourself that you're a catch, and that someday, you'll meet the right one for you.

Change yourself for you to be BETTER. 

 Soon, time will fly, and you'll realize that you did the right thing.

So for now, don't isolate yourself, go out, make yourself busy and be happy.

That's the ART OF LETTING GO :)