Chapter Two

I ended up going to Stark tower. Tony wanted to talk about more gadgets I didn't think we really needed and ramble about things I didn't really understand mostly because I'm not a computer wiz and barely know how to function an email. Hawkeye has introduced me these things called emojis... I like them. I send some to Nat sometimes. She never responds but I hope she knows what I mean when I send them.

***

Later that night I leave the city careful to take as many alternate routes as possible, and head to Brooklyn. I took a bike for most of the part of my journey and I went the rest of the way on foot.
It was the easier to get there on foot.

I took the most familiar path I knew and ended up on the across the street from Coney Island. I stood in front of the cyclone. There wasn't many people here tonight. Just small crowds, most of the people in them were drunk. I take in the scene. It hasn't really changed that much. Still as bright as I remember. The ferris wheel still beeming like the sun.

I remember when I came here with Bucky and the Ferris wheel was my favorite ride because it was the only one that didn't make nauseous.

I remember the look on Bucky's face after I got off the cyclone. It was mix of amusement and concern. He watched me run to the nearest trash can and laughed a bit before coming over and rubbing my back as my lunch came up in the trash can.

"You gonna be okay?" He asked

"Yeah, as long as you never make me go on that again."

He chuckled "okay, come on, lets go find a spot to watch the fireworks"

I nod and follow him to the beach and he hands me a mint and I take it thanking him saying that my mouth tasted worse than it smelt.

And then the sky explodes with color.

The same thing happened tonight. I sat on the side walk and watched as blues and reds lit up the night making almost all the stars disappear.

*****
After two hours of sitting on the sidewalk and thinking about bucky I stand up to stretch and start to make my way back home.  Maybe I had too many high hopes. I kick a trash can out of frustration. Maybe not the best idea. I ended up putting a big dent in it. I grab onto it and try to unbend it, but no luck.

That trash can will never look the same again.

I put my hands over my head and walk back and forth between a light post and a fire hydrant to gather my wits and calm down a bit.

I turned to walk back home until I heard someone say my name from the alley way. It sounded like a question, like they were unsure though I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman.

"Who's there?" I say into the darkness

"Steve?" The voice sounded deeper. Defiantly a man.

"Yes, who are you? Show yourself."

And I slowly watch as a hooded figure emerges from the dark alley. He slowly removes his hood and my heart almost stops.

"Bucky?"