Chapter 7: The Victem

Sherlock inspected the dead man that laid in the dark old house. His face was scared, almost completely mauled. From what Sherlock could tell the man was a teacher, he lived alone in a small apartment, he had no pets, and was in a relationship with online porn. John went to take a look at the body himself as Sherlock rose off the ground.

"Any theories?" Lestrade asked.

Amy peeked out from behind Sherlock's long jacket and said, "Three so far."

Sherlock smiled slightly. It was Amy's first crime scene and he was, well, almost proud of her. John had argued about taking her along, but after last week's "manhunt incident" it seemed as if this was the best way to keep her safe. Their only choises were bring Amy along, or get a nanny. In fact John already had interviews for a nanny all the applicants were scared away.

Sherlock turned his attention back to the case and watched with a smug grin plastered on his face as Amy deduced like a true genius. This girl was really something. It almost scared Sherlock that such a little being had such an effect on John and himself. Almost.

-------------------------------------------------

John looked over the body. It had bloody scars tracing up and down its unprotected skin.

"The cause of death was probably blood loss." John quietly informed.

After standing up he looked over to Amy, she was talking to Sherlock and Lestrade about the case. John didn't like the fact that Amy came to investigate the case, it wasn't right for a little girl to see so much blood. John had tried to find a nanny, but Sherlock scared away all the applicants.

Sherlock walked over towards John, "You said the cause of death was blood loss. Why isn't there blood around the body?"

Before John could even attempt to anser Sherlock walked off again. John siged, sometimes it felt as if he was just the replacment of Sherlock's skull, only there to listen. John watched as Sherlock walked towards Amy and said something that John couldn't here. Amy replied and Sherlock smiled. John was actually surprised that Sherlcok got along with Amy so well, it wasn't like him. The Sherlock that John met those many months ago couldn't stand most people, especially kids. He saw them as a waste of time. But Amy was different. Maybe it was her smarts, maybe her situation. John didn't really care, he was just happy that Sherlock was actually doing something almost charitable.

John finally started to make his way over towards Amy and Sherlock, "What do we know so far?"

-------------------------------------------------

It was a cold, windy day in London and Amy was thankful that her first murder investigation took place indoors. She walked towards the body again and inspected the small amount of blood on the floor. The blood was the reason John didn't want Amy to come to the crime scene. He argued with Sherlock and even tried to hire a babysitter. But, of course, Sherlock won the argument.

Amy squatted down next to the scared dead body and tried to find some more evidence, facts that went unseen. Nothing aroused Amy's suspicion, she was seeing the same things that she saw the first time. Taking one final glance Amy finally noticed something. Around the mans wrists were deep, red marks, rope marks. That wasn't normal.

"Sherlock, come see this." Amy said as she lifted up the victims sleeves, revealing the rope marks.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid. How could I have been so stupid?" Sherlock cried.

-------------------------------------------

Sherlock wanted to hit himself for being such an idiot. He got up and started to walk out of the crime scene. The evidence went right over Sherlocks head. The fact that he didn't see that the first time he looked at the body was surprising. But now that Amy had pointed out the rope marks Sherlock knew exactly were to go.

Sherlock was already walking out of the door before he turned around to Amy and exlaimed , "Are you going to join me or not?"

((I am so sorry for such a late update. I have been going through a lot of stress. But I bring with me two pieces of good news and one piece of very bad news.

I am going to start updating every other Monday, so sorry.

I started a new story, so check it out.

Finally, I want to thank everybody for all the reads, I am currently at 350, and comments. You are all amazing.))