Chapter 18: new me

Harry and I went in and they confirmed I have breast cancer. I'm 22, and I have breast cancer. Harry was there holding my hand through it all. He never left. And he's never going to. I have complete trust in his. Telling our parents and family was really rough, but may always makes us smile. We are just pushing through this. I made the choice to get a double mastectomy. Today is my operation. We are keeping this personal and not public. The bands know, but that's just plenty for know. It's 5 am.
"You ready?" Harry asked. Maybree was at Harry's parents house.
"Yeah." I grabbed my bag and we walked to the car. I looked out the window. I'll be a new me at the end of today. Harry held my hand the whole way there.

  I'm in pre-op. They are doing the double mastectomy and implants at the same time. I will be very sore. I can't lift more than Maybree after the surgery. It's really hard to presses this in your head. You just want it to be over. Over and done. Harry helped me put my hair cap on.
"Your gorgeous." He says.
"I love you." I said.
"I love you too." He said. I smiled. He was telling me memories and we discussed the wedding. He made me laugh. Harry held my hand til the last minute where we departed hands. I remember Harry with his hands on his head right before I was wheeled into the OR. They did say I caught the cancer early on and they should be able to remove it all. Which was very heart warming.
"You'll do great baby." A nurse said before putting a mask over my mouth. I took a deep breath before falling asleep.

I woke up with Harry holding my handd.
"Hey sleepy." He said. I winced in pain.
"They got it all out." He said. I smiled. He kissed me. I was in there for hours.
"I want to see my baby girl." I said.
"I'll go get her." He said. He walked out. He returned with her. She had bed head.
"Mama." She mumbled.
"Hey sweet girl." I said. She held her arms out for me to take her.
"I'm sorry I can't right now." I said. She started to cry.
"Hey it's ok." Harry rocked her. It hurt my heart that I couldn't hold her and she was crying. She quietly cried in Harry's shoulder.
"Just let me sit her on my lap." I say. He set her down. She pulls at my robe. I took her hand.
"I'm sorry baby, no more. All gone." I said. She started crying and Harry took her.
"Kiss." She said. That was her first word.
"Kiss." She said again. I kissed her.
"You give daddy kiss?" Harry asked. She kissed him. We laughed.
"You want to go see GG?" Harry asked. That's what she called grandma.
"GG!" She said.
"I'll be right back." He kissed me.
"Kiss?" She said.
"That's right." He said. I loved my family, even if we weren't perfect. He came back.
"You in pain? You want me to tell the nurse?" He asked.
"Just a little right now." I say. The nurse came in and put medicine in my IV.
"You were very brave in there." He said.
"It was not easy." I say.
"Do you need anything?" The nurse asked.
"Just some water." I said.
"Ok." She left.
"Did you get a chance to see the new you." I laughed.
"No, too sore." I said. He lifted my shirt up.
"Did a pretty good job." I say. He laughed.
"That they did." We laughed.
"It hurts to laugh." I say.
"We'll be careful." He says. That made me want to laugh more.
"How was may at Anne's?"
"She kept asking Mum?" He said.
"She's her daddy's British girl." I say. He laughed.
"How about the formula?" I asked.
"Not a huge fan."
"Then she can eat apples all her life." I say.
"That seams to be her favorite." He says. He crawled in the bed with me and we look a nap.
"You'rrstill my Shay." He said right before we drifted to sleep.

We woke up with lots of balloons in the room. He gets up and looks at his phone.
"Mum posted a picture of Maybree." He says.
"And?"
"And It says. Waiting in the hospital with my little princess. Mum almost really to come home." I sighed.
"I love your mother but that's not good." I say.
"Yeah." He says. Hadley walked in.
"You see it?" She asked.
"Yeah." I said.
"What do you want to say?" She asked.
"Harry I don't want this out there." I said.
"I understand." He says.
"Just say, like she got an augmentation, that's not a lie." He says.
"I think we can do that. How you feeling?" She asked.
"Much better." I say.
"Good, glad to hear it." He smiled and walked out.
"Thank you." I said.
"Of course." He said.
"I really have to pee." I say.
"Just press that help button." He said.
"It's not going to like send immediate help right? Just the nurse?"
"Yeah." He laughed. I pressed it and the nurse came in.
"I really really have to pee." I say.
"No problem, darlin." She said. She helped me get unhooked and Harry helped me because it hurt to Bend down.
"I hope you ever have to do that again for me." I said he laughed.
"You've be discharged. You can go home. Just give us a call if you have any complications or concerns." She says.
"Thank you so much." I say.
"No problem." She walked out. Harry gathered my things and had Gemma help him with the balloons and letters from concerned fans. They out me in a wheel chair and helped me in the car and we drive home. Maybree will be 1 in 2 months. Like are you kidding me!? Awe! Christmas is next month. We are hoping to have the wedding planed by February. Right now. I'm going to spend time with my family. I love them. And I love them more everyday.