Chapter 3

I walk down the street to school. Its not that far from home, just about half a mile.15 minutes of pure silence and time to myself. I need to think, anyway. I close my eyes and feel the wind blow through my short, floppy black hair. I'm in the middle of thinking about how I'm going to graduate when Ethan jogs over to me. 

       I quickly open my eyes when he slaps me on the back.

       " What the hell, Ethan?" I say, clearly annoyed.

       "What? Did you get scared?" he said back, teasingly.

       I sighed. No. I heard you coming 5 miles away. " What do you want?"

       "What do you mean? We're buddies. I just want to hang out."

       " I guess," I say trying to act cool. I wouldn't want Ethan thinking I'm a loser." So whats going on with you and you know, Ms.Wave."

      " Who? Hannah?" He turns to look at me. I look at him.

      "No, your grandma. Considering they both have the same last name."

       He nods." That's true."

       There's a long silence. As we walk, I see Alyssa sitting on her front porch. Her house is right by the school. I could maybe stop by after school to apologize. I think of all the things I would say to her when I notice that Ethan didn't reply.

       " Uh..Ethan. Sorry. What was going on with you and Hannah? Everything alright?"

       He sighs. " Sure." I realize he's desperatley looking around for a distraction." Oh look, Alyssa! Hey Alyssa! " He calls over to her.

      "Dude. No, what are you doing?" 

      "What?" He looks at me confused." I thought you two were.."

      "Yea but no! We've had issues," I hiss at him. I really want to punch him in the nose or something right about now.

       " Oh. Nevermind! " He yells but she's already halfway to us. 

      " I hate you."

       " Sorry."

        Alyssa's standing in front of us now, more prettier than ever. She narrows her light green eyes. "Hey, guys."  She glares at Ethan. " Hey, Ethan, " she says seductively. She's looking at him so intently. Has she ever looked at me like that before?

      He sucks in a breath and gives her a playful smile. " Hey, Alyssa." 

       I say hi too but Alyssa never looks at me. Her eyes are on Ethan but she's probably just fooling around with him. Poor Ethan, he actually thinks she likes him. 

      After a few glances of them making weird faces at each other, I start to get annoyed and ask " So, anyway, I needed to talk to you after school. Maybe we should schedule to meet up at your house. Are your parents going to be home?"

       But Alyssa isn't listening at all. This is really starting to get on my nerves. I smack Ethan on the back of his head. '" Ow, dude. Why?" I just glare at him hoping he'll get the clue. He does.

      " So, Ethan, you want to maybe hang around after school? My parents aren't going to be home. We could invite some friends and have a cook out. I'll even show you my bedroom. Hell, even my bed. It's so soft. It's perfect for doing it, you know? Wont even make a sound." 

       What is she talking about? Is she crazy?

        Ethan's eyes widen and I can tell he's suddenly nervous. I narrow my eyes at him. I answer instead. " No, he cant go. We have plans. You know, boy stuff. "

       Ethan turns to me. " Wha-"

But I cut him off. " Sorry, next time." I fake a smile. What was happening between us?

       She bites her lip. " Oh, I see.What kind of plans? A little boy on boy action? I didn't know you were like that, Alex. That's a little naughty. "

       I blush even though I don't know why. Ethan coughs a little to loud beside me. " That's not what I me-"

       She puts her hand up. " You don't have to hide it."

       Why is she acting like this?

       Before I could say something, she sees her friends, says a quick bye and runs off to greet them. 

Ethan and I both turn to look at each other simultaneously. I was too embarrassed to speak so I was glad when he said " Plans? What the hell are you talking about? "

       I glare at him. " She's my girlfriend. I wouldn't want you over her house in her bedroom."

       " I thought you two had issues, " he scowls at me. "She's so hot" he mutters under his breath. " Don't know why she chose you."

       Even though he was whispering to himself I heard him perfectly clear. I should be offended, shouldn't I? But I agreed to what he had said. She doesn't deserve me. She deserves so much more. Why had she chose me?  I'm no one. I know deep inside her, she has real feelings for me. She just cant seem to say it. If she really knew me, she would be scared. I'm not a boyfriend, I'm a monster.

       " You're right." I whisper to myself. I shake my head, removing the thoughts from this situation. " Let's get going." 

Also, there's not much paranormal action going on but there will be soon. I promise. And more romance. Haha :D